17: I Wanna Be The One

Start from the beginning

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

" Your leg has healed up nicely. " My Doctor says examining my leg.

" That's great news. I have to get back to work. I feel like my life has been on pause. " I explained.

" It isn't like he's been resting the leg. He's still been active. " Tristian says. I mug him on the sly. He's here to observe not speak.

" He still had to exercise the leg. Just nothing too rigorous. " Dr. Gray says.

" It itched like a bitch. I had to get a wire hanger and dig in there. My leg probably all whipped up. "

Dr. Gray shakes his head in dismay. " That could've caused an injury or infection. There are other methods, but since it's about to come off you don't need the knowledge. "

" He wouldn't even retain it. " Tristian says looking at his phone.

Dr. Gray laughs. " Don't laugh at him. He's not funny. "

" How are the boys? " He asks as the nurse comes in with the tools he needs to remove the cast. My heartbeat fastened as he said so. It caught me off guard because I forgot he is the Doctor of my boys. I look at Tristian who was on the phone paying me no mind. That would not have been the way I wanted that to come out.

" They're good. " I answer, to keep the conversation about them short.

" Did Erin get over that stomachache. I know your wife was worried... "

" Doc how will my leg feel after the cast is removed? " I needed to avert from that topic the best way I could.

" Well, there might be a little dystrophy. That is completely normal. You might also experience pain or swelling afterward. It'll settle in time. Be sure to soak your leg in warm water for twenty minutes twice a day. "

I could feel more and more air hit my leg as he cut through the cast. I looked at it noticing the difference in color from my knee on down. These past two months of this cast being on my leg really made feel immobile. I was confined to the house only because I didn't feel in the mood to do anything after. The fact that I didn't have the support of my own wife constantly hovered over my head.

I never imagined I would be standing here fawning over a dude. The feelings I have for Tristian snuck up on me, and I had no time to catch myself from my like of him growing. Who knew from that moment I met him, and changed that tire, that I would be where I am with him now?

The fact also remains the same that I am a married man. After all of this time of being neglected physically, and emotionally by Iyesha. Finally, I'd done what I avoided doing for years. It isn't like most people were rooting for my marriage with her, but a small part within me held onto hope that the woman I fell in love with so long ago would just... love me back. I do have some guilt because a part of me still loves her.

" And we're done! " Dr. Gray says removing his gloves. " Your leg is now a free limb again. "

" Woo! " Tristian shouts. " Now he can stop moving around like an old man. "

" I'll write you a prescription for any pain you may feel. You still have to take it easy while your leg gets back in sync with the rest of your body. I'll also give you some topical cream. "