Chapter 150-Fire Kindling

Start from the beginning

Thrummmmmmm

Suddenly his downward momentum stopped as the Laws of Gravity bent around him. He hung in the air for a second and then flicked the Hematoma down. The shining black pearl rapidly expanded once it left his hands into its original orb shape. It crashed into a Divine Realm skeleton and drilled straight through it!

Sssssskkkkkkkkk

It then carved into the ground like a meteor and expanded as the Laws of Gravity binding the mass together suddenly destabilized!

Hematoma!

A bloody dome ate through the ground and appeared rising 50 meters into the sky and eating up all the Divine Realm skeletons on the ground.

Boooooooooooooom!!!

Afterwards the blood erupted into a fine mist which lingered in the air mixing with the Death Qi to create a terrifying atmosphere of massacre!

"So this is the power of a true Celestial Pinnacle genius." Lineir looked on at the casual strike which had easily annihilated over a hundred Divine Realm skeletons and even pulverized several Celestial Realm Skeletons into jumbled piles of bones. 

"Into formation now!" Yu cried and everyone touched down on the ground and assembled with Lineir in the center. They all activated the concealment formation with the exception of Lineir who used his own concealment techniques. Just like that they melded into the bloody mist and quickly hurried away from the crater.

"Finally a place without some skeletons." The cultivators were standing inside of an ancient building's courtyard. However, they did not deactivate the stealth formation as there were windows all around from which an Undead could catch sight of them. They were taking a moment to circulate their Qi when suddenly a huge thump came from above.

"Enemy!" Ting hissed and everyone dropped into a fighting stance as a massive Celestial Realm skeleton slammed down. It was 4 meters tall, a giant among men and wielded two massive butcher knives. 

"Damnit! Celestial Pinnacle. This could be trouble! Finish it before it gives our position away!" Yu gave out orders and everyone took up position. 

"Should I take care of it?" Lineir asked but Yu shook his head. 

"Don't use your trump cards unless absolutely necessary. Especially while within the group. Even if there is only a 1% chance we absolutely cannot give this intel to our enemies. Right now, besides myself no one, not even Ting knows exactly why you are here." 

"It's fine, I'll handle this." Ting suddenly stepped forward with her short sword at her side. Elegantly she vanished in a spiral of rainbow light and reappeared behind the skeleton.

"Eiiiiiiiii!!!?" It's growl was loud and Lineir winced as it rang through the courtyard. Both it's massive skeletal palms dragged up the terrifying butcher's knives and slammed down on her sword. Shockingly, Ting chose to trade blows with it instead of dodging or block, her sword stabbing into the skeleton's chest with insane acceleration. Before the huge knives could even fall to head height, Ting's sword had already planted itself in the skeleton's ribcage!

Shhhhhhhhhing!!

There was a bright flash as a strange keen light sounded. The skeleton dissolved into powder just like that, a Pinnacle Celestial Realm Undead taken out! The butcher knives however were still continuing towards her! 

"Watch out!" Lineir cried as he rushed forward, he had expected her to dodge but she had not moved an inch, perhaps her strike had immobilized her? She reached out with both hands towards the falling blades-

Puchi Puchi

"No!!" Lineir cried as the blades contacted her soft palms. A second later her arms shook and then...

"Relax! They're not sharpened silly." Ting's smiling face turned to Lineir and he realized he had been the only one worried. Yu walked over and ruffled her hair pulling her into his arms as he took the butcher knives and gently placed them on the floor. "I was only making sure they wouldn't hit the floor and make a big noise."

"Always a showoff Ting Ting. Don't trouble poor Lineir, he's going to have a heart attack." Yu said as he gently held Ting's hands which were not cut in the slightest. He rubbed the red marks from where the butchers knives had made contact.

"But how did you know they were unsharpened?" Lineir asked as his ears stopped turning red. He realized he had been needlessly worried. The rest of the group was all Celestial Pinnacle Realm and top geniuses at that. What might be a fatal wound to him was not for them.

"Easy. Look, they're vegetable knives." Ting walked over and easily hefted one of the half meter long butcher's knives, handing it to Lineir. Sure enough the edge was blunt. It was a massive version of a traditional Chinese knife used for vegetables. Over the many eons, even with the Undead energy sustaining it, the edge had completely flattened out.

"...." Lineir grimaced as he put the knife down. Ting laughed and patted his shoulder once again,

"You should see the one I cook with." 

As she walked away Lineir took one last look at her slim frame and shuddered. She had blocked a Celestial Pinnacle level attack barehanded. No matter how blunt the blade or how lacking the Laws, that was still insane. 

"I'm never messing with her." He thought as the squad settled down to rest. "I really hope she's not a traitor because if she is I think this mission's over."