forty six

Megan's POV

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing" I lie.

"Come on. I know you" he pushes. And I sigh.

"I just have to ask one question. Answer me honestly and I'll just let it go" I say. I'm nervous of what the answer would be.

"Did you date Aleisha before me?" I ask.

"Where did that come from?" He furrows his brows.

"Did you date Aleisha before me?" I ask again the same tone.

"Did Aleisha come here and say things?"

"Answer the damn question Harry" I said louder.

"Yeah. I did." He answers. That's a bummer. I just laughed inside my head.

"What else did she tell you?" He asks. Kind of in a nervous way.

"Nothing" I lie again as I turn my back on him.

"Hey. I don't give a crap about her anymore" he said in attempt to make me feel better. But it doesn't one bit.

"She trusted you with everything. And you just played her? What kind of a guy are you?" I said while furrowing my brows.

"I didn't know it would affect her that way" he said in a low tone. He didn't know? Aleisha's change is obviously obvious. I just shake my head at him. I'm disappointed.

"I think I need to be alone for a moment. You could just leave" I say in the kindest way possible I could pull off.

"Tell me what you mean."

"I said I just need a time alone" I press.

"You're lying. Don't you think I don't know when you're lying? Tell me what's really in your head" he's growing impatient.

"I said just leave-"

"No. That's not what you really mean! I need to know the truth. What's up in that mind of yours?" He cracks.

"Fine. I wanna end whatever this is that we have. I regret giving you a chance! And I feel sorry for Aleisha for what you've done! That's what's up in my mind" I yell.

"You can't just push me away every time I make a mistake"

"You make lots of mistakes but I still forgive you, don't you think it's unfair?" I wave my hands in the air.

"I make mistakes because I'm a human, Megan. I'm not perfect. There's no such thing as perfect" I can see every vein in his neck popping at each word he says.

"I'm not asking you to be perfect. I just want someone who would be honest with me" I explain.

"I am honest with you. I just knew that you didn't want anything from your past then why do you think should I bring that shit up?"

"Because Aleisha's a human too, Harry. And she didn't deserve to be treated that way"

"So you fell for it, huh?" He shakes his head.

"You fell for Aleisha's trap. Can't you see what it's doing to us?!" He points at us.

"You're paranoid Harry!" I shook my head at him.

"I can take care of myself!" I said.

"You can't, that's why I'm here!"

"I hate everything! You guys should let me live my life" I say lowly.

"Just go" I said again.

"Why do you do this huh? I can't wait forever!" He finally snaps.

"Who said you should wait anyway? You should've known that you were just wasting your time waiting for someone who's never coming back!" When I said the statement, I knew I made a terrible mistake.