twenty four

Megan's POV

"You done packing?" April asked.

"Yeah" I say while closing the zipper of my travel bag.

I sighed. I'm nervous. I'm feeling anxious.

"You ready?" She asks while smiling at me.

"I have two answers for that" I say while breathing in deeply.

"First, I am ready for the plane ride. And last, I'm not ready to meet your mom yet" I say lowly. My mind isn't ready for this. I'm meeting her mom. She's not my mom.

What if she doesn't give a shit about me? What if she would just make me feel like an outcast of their family for the whole weekend? Maybe I'm not yet ready for this after all.

"Relax will ya?" She said while rolling her eyes.

"Besides, she already knows who you are since we were younger. We've visited her before." She said while reassuring me.

"So since we were younger, we already travelled by ourselves? I mean we don't have parents, right?" I ask and she looks away for a second.

"Not by ourselves, with Aunt Ruth and Drew" she said.

"Let's talk about this when we get to the plane, shall we? We're gonna be late" she said so we left the apartment with our bags.

We took a cab to the airport because we find it easier to just leave the car in the apartment parking lot.

We were cozy in our seats on the plane and got ourselves settled in. I stayed on the seat next to the window even though April wanted to sit there too. But she groans then gave me the seat. I love the view. Everything's so tiny and cute. I wish I could just live in an airplane. What a weird thought.

"Where's Drew's dad anyway? Isn't it Aunt Ruth Evans? I mean Drew doesn't have his dad's last name" That's what I remember.

"He's back in London." She says.

"Don't they visit him?" I wanted to just talk and talk until I get tired and fall asleep.

"I don't think so, his dad has a new family" she says while shaking her head.

My mind thinks our family is weird. Our parents abandoned us, my father had two wives, my cousin's father eventually has two wives also. God damn it. It's a confusing buzz.

"Do you know what his father's name is?" I ask and she thought deeply for a second while furrowing her brows.

"I think it's Robin or something. I don't know and I don't care anymore" she said. She seems affected but I don't wanna ask anything about thy anymore.

"Okay so I'm gonna ask questions about your mom now, is that alright?" I wanted make sure. I don't want her to get pissed at me.

"Go for it" she said while giving me a small smile.

"Does she have children with her new husband?"

"Yeah. Actually his husband has three sons but now they both have one daughter" she said. That's a big family.

"What's their name?" I ask. I'm very interested.

"Will, Nash, Hayes and the youngest is Skylynn" she says.

"So do you call Gab's husband as dad?" I ask. It's a silly question but I just had to ask.

"Oh god no. We only have one dad, and apparently that's not him. So I call him Uncle Chad" she said.

"I'm very sleepy, Megan. I'll go ahead and sleep." She said and I nod at her.

It's past 12 midnight when we got off the plane.