forty four

Harry's POV

"What did you tell her when she asked about me?" I ask Luke through the line.

"I told her that you just called me to check up on her" seems fine.

"Why didn't you want her to know you visited anyway?" He asks. I didn't know he could be nosy.

"Because I did something important" it is important because it's for Megan's sake.

"And what's that supposed to be?" Okay. Now he's just being plain annoying.

"It doesn't matter. Just tell her that I'll visit her later." I said as I hung up.

I still can't stop thinking about the deal I made with Aleisha. How could I possibly make Luke stay away from Megan and make Megan stay away from Luke? They're friends. And I don't give a crap anyway but why does Aleisha want them apart?

Maybe because Luke cheated on Aleisha with Megan. Wow. Since when did I have a conscience speaking in the back of my mind. I'm going nuts.

I'll visit Megan later, but what would I tell her? Should I apologize for being a dick? Or apologize for letting her go to Luke?

If she just stayed at her place, if she gave me a chance to speak with her, then there would be a chance that none of this would have happened.

I'm lying to myself. Because either way, Megan had the drugs in her system just waiting to attack.

I should probably go to Megan right now. I just have to act like I haven't talked to Aleisha. I just have to make sure I don't accidentally spill it out.

I drove to the hospital and went to Megan's room.

When I got into her room she was asleep, so I slowly back out of the room but Luke stopped me and closed the door.

"Feel comfortable on the couch" he said. I can't tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

But I sat on the couch anyway.

"The doctor said she could check out tomorrow morning" that's good. At least now I know that drugs won't bother her anymore.

"So are you gonna tell me what you did last night or not?" He ask as he sat down on the couch too. But he left hella space between us.

I should probably tell him the truth, I hope he'd believe me and know that it's for Megan's sake as well.

"Promise me you'll believe what I say"

"It depends. Just spit it out, Styles" he groans.

"I went to rehab last night" I can see his facial expression.

"What the hell, man? You shouldn't have" he said loudly. I noticed Megan twitching.

"Fuck it Luke. Keep your voice low. If Megan wakes up I won't tell you what happened" he just sighs

"She said she'll stay away from Megan" I hope he'd just buy that and leave it be.

"What's the catch then?" He knows his girlfriend well.

"You have to stay away from Megan and Megan has to stay away from you" he almost laughs.

"That's ridiculous." He shakes his head while laughing.

"Don't believe me? Then go to rehab and ask your girlfriend" he then showed me a straight face.

"You know I can't do that. And there's no way in hell you can make her stay away from me" he's right. I know that from the moment Aleisha told me the deal.