1.1 Bottle Spinning And Butterflies

PAUL

This first imagine will be a two parter, and I will probably edit this story later. Have fun reading!-

You sighed and got up from the hard wooden chair, stretching your back. The last bell had rung, and torture (which was friday afternoon history class from mrs. Belmont) was finally over.

You grabbed your notebook and pen from your table, and quickly stuffed them into your bag, trying to get out of the dark classroom as soon as possible. Mrs. Belmont had a habit of making the classroom as dark and gloomy as possible as soon as the sun began to shine. Not even a little ray of light was allowed as she was teaching about things that were long dead.

While swinging your bag over your shoulder, ready to leave and celebrate a few days of freedom, you felt a light tap on your arm, and the smiling face of your friend Paul McCartney showed up in front of you.

"Hi (Y/N)" he greeted you, handing you one of your pens that you apparantly had forgotten. You nodded a thank you, and answered his greeting. "Hey Paul, what's up".
He gave you a mischievous grin, something he always did when he was up to something. "Wellllll..." he started, dragging out the word and slightly tilting his head. You giggled, and gave him a soft nudge. "Auch!" he yelled, and rubbed his arm like you had just punched him to pieces. He always did that, and always extra loud, so everybody could hear it. "Get on with it Paul!" you laugh. He was still rubbing his arm, but after after a short annoyed look he gets the message. "Okay okay, sorry. I wanted to ask you if you want to join me and the lads for the night" he started. "We will be playing in the Carvern again at 8, and we hoped you wanted to come and see us play!"

He gave you a questioning look, acting like it was the first time that he had asked you to come and watch, which it wasn't, and you hummed shortly to yourself. " Did John ask you to invite me again?" you questioned. "Because I'm flattered, but still not interested after what he pulled last time". Paul chuckled and shook his head. "Not this time, don't worry. No more pranks".
You gave him a suspicious look, and expected a confirmation of some sort. The Lennon Prank Parade was not something you were getting exited for on a friday night. "Actually" Paul starts speaking again, getting the hint. "It was me who suggested it". He gave you a smirk and now he was nudging you. "Wanna come now, eh?".

You and Paul had been friends for almost over a year now. You had shared some of your classes before, but you two had really started talking after he'd seen you play one of your friends guitars in the park after school. After that, you two had hung out every other day, always doing things like going dancing or jamming at his place. He also had introduced you to his band, called the Quarrymen, which they had later changed to the Beatles. The lads had been great, and John was always asking you to show him new chords and picking patterns, which you gladly tought him. You were part of the group, sometimes even getting pulled up on stage to sing or play a part of the song with them if you were attending their gigs, which always made you feel like you could take on the world. You had also somewhat fancied Paul for a while now, but you and him had never become a thing, simply because he didn't think of you that way.

Or so you had thought.

~

Paul had promised to pick you up at your place that night, so that you could hang around backstage with them while they were setting up their gear. This is usually how it went, so it wasn't really a big thing. But you still felt a little nervous, given that you were a little insecure about your looks from time to time. You almost never wore dresses, so this time was an exeption for sure, with your small black leather boots, dark red dress and your hair down. Your mother had said you looked great, but you still couldn't shake that uneasy feeling in your chest, and it was still lingering around when the doorbell rang.

As you walked down the stairs, you tried to fix some strands of hair that were not cooperating since you had started on your hairdo for the night. It hadn' t turned out well, so you'd decided to just leave it loose. You opened the door to a smiling Paul, him being all dressed up for the evening to come. He looked at you, his eyes scanning your whole outfit, and he whistled shortly. "Whoah, you look great love!" he smiled, and gave you a playfull wink. "Oh shut it Macca, have you even looked at yourself?"

You had to admit, he looked pretty handsome in that suit, hair slicked back and guitarcase in hand. He always carried his bass himself, to be sure nobody would "hurt her", in Paul's words. John had dropped it once, and that was enough for Paul to protect the damn thing with his life from that day.
"Ready to go (Y/N)?" he asked and handed you his hand all gentleman like. You chuckled and took it, bowing a little. "Yes Lord Macca" you answered all serious, looking all high class. He laughed and shoved you, a little too hard, which almost made you fall into the bushes of your front lawn. He quickly caught you, and you both walked to the bus station laughing.

~

12:00 p.m.

You were sitting on a bench in the park closest to the club, and gave George his cigarette back, which he had handed to you a little earlier. They were done for the evening, having played a very succesfull concert once again, and the four of them were now having a little afterparty, which you had happily tagged along to. Paul had made eyecontact with you the whole night, winking at you when he caught you staring and whenever a romantic lyric that he knew you liked came up. It had made you blush almost every time, thanking the dark club lighting for not showing it to everybody. Even though you knew that it was just Pauls personality (he flirted a lot more than you liked), you couldn't help but feel a few stray butterflies in your stomach.

Your short train of thought was interrupted as Richard, the new drummer who you had immediately taken a liking to, handed you another beer, and you thanked him with a smile. He gave you a little nod and took a sip of his own, laying back in the grass afterwards, planting the bottle beside him in a pile of sand. "Come sit over here (Y/N)!".
John was patting on the ground between him and Paul, smirking like he always did. You were the only one sitting on the bench, because you were a little worried that your dress would get dirty. And he knew.

"Dunno if that's the best idea Lennon" you answered him. "Still don't trust you, after what you pulled last week". George, who already had downed some beers, almost choked on his drink, bursting out in laughter. "Shut it Geo!" John said pretend-serious. "If we want her to get her to sit with us, that is". He patted on the small patch of grass again, and you sighed and stood up. A little cheering arose from the small group, and you let yourself fall back onto the grass, which was cold and a little damp.

The liquor was starting to fog over your mind, and you felt yourself loosen up a bit. John put an arm around you, and looked at Paul smugly, raising his eyebrows at him. You gave Paul the "help me please, oh dear lord" eyes, but he shook his head almost unnoticably, a develish twinkle in his eyes.

"Let's play a game then!" Ringo suddenly said, sitting up while he was at it. John, who was downing his 5th beer, looked up, confused. George stopped strumming his guitar, and Paul looked at you, which immediately made you feel a little earthed again. "Here, you have to spin this bottle" he triumphantly held up an empty beer bottle. "And whoever it lands on has to answer any question you would like to ask them. One question at a time, and after you have answered you have to spin the bottle again, and ask that person a question and so on". He looked so exited, so you sighed and agreed. "Sure, I have done this plenty of times, but I thought it was a girls game until now" you grin, and flutter you eyelashes. "Hey! I don't see any of you coming up with other plans" he tried to defend himself. The other lads were now also sitting up, and you guys formed a very small circle.

"Great" you thought. "Let's hope this doesn't get too uncomfortable"

~

End of part 1.