Watched

Katie

"We'll be back in a few" I peck Archie's lips and he nods before kneeling down to Brooklynn.

He holds her little hand. "You and mommy better have fun, okay?" he says and she nods with a smile. "Good. I'll be here working on some things, I'll see you later, Cub. I love you" he kisses her forehead so she kisses his cheek.

She smiles. "I love you too, daddy!!" she hugs him.

Oh Brooklynn why? I know you love daddy so much, but this makes him feel so bad leaving you. He's gonna sulk the whole time we're gone, that's how much he loves your cute little self.

Archie kisses her temple then looks up at me. "I love you too, have fun. Both of you" he
looks down and smiles at Brooklynn.

I nod and kiss his cheek. "I love you too. We'll see you later!" I wave before taking Brooklynn's hand and walking out of the house.

We drive to the nail salon and pick our color's. I got black and Brooklynn got red. We sit next to each other and the nail people do their jobs. "Mommy look!" Brooklynn says as they paint her nails.

I giggle. "They look gorgeous babygirl" I smile and she smiles.

We finish up and admire our painted gel nails. "Mommy look what I got!!!" Brooklynn shows her nails and I see horseshoes on her ring fingers. "I got horsey shoes!!!" she says adorably.

I giggle and kiss her forehead. "I love them! You're so creative! Now come on, we have to go see daddy!" I smile then we walk out. We get in the car and drive home...

That is, until I notice the same white truck following me.

Instant anxiety hits me and as soon as I see our house, I turn in immediately and the truck passes me.

Thank god.

We get out of the car and into house to see Archie smoking his vape fogging up the whole room. Brooklynn begins to cough and Archie immediately waves his hand in the air to get it away.

Brooklynn has bad asthma so even though it's just vape, Archie smokes when he's not near her.

Archie knees down to her and kisses her cheek. "I'm so sorry, Cub" he says remorsefully and Brooklynn smiles. "Let me see your nails!" he says. Brooklynn holds up her hands with her beautiful smile. "I love them! And the white horseshoes!!"

"Thank you, daddy!!" she hugs him.

I smile and wrap my arms around Archie from behind. "Do you two wanna go on a walk to explore our new surroundings?" I ask and Brooklynn excitedly nods.

Archie sighs. "I'd love to go with you two, but I have to figure out some shit" he says and I look into the kitchen to see a hidden bottle of vodka.

I back up and look at him. "Smoking? Drinking?" I ask and he clenches his jaw. "That doesn't solve your problems! Call me a bitch for not getting mad at you when you almost killed Oliver and Sam, but getting mad at you for drinking. I should be mad at you! I should hate you and leave you for what you did" I get out my anger.

He slightly tilts his head. "What are you talking about?!"

I shake my head and take Brooklynn's hand. "Just you're a dick for what you did" I walk out of the house with Brooklynn. Ugh drinking? We left to run away from it, not drink to run away from it.