The Demon | Chapter 37

Julian stood behind the flames, his face twisted with rage. His green eyes were red, mixing with his blood stained skin.

Christian grabbed me and began running. I clutched to him desperately as fear took control of my entire being.

"I-I can't believe it." I whispered. My eyes were focused on the monster that was close behind.

The Julian from before was gone, his lips were crooked in a murderous smirk. I watched with wide eyes as he made direct eye contact with me. He formed his lips in a single word.

"Die?" My breath caught. Christian came to a halt and I whipped my head in the direction he waa looking.

Julian stood firmly in place. He titled his head and smirked at me.

"My lovely, what have you done?" He asked. His voice was hoarse and he licked his blood stained lips happily.

"What have I done? What have you done?" I asked. He raised a brow and stalked toward us. Christian backed up and hissed at Julian.

"Hush," Julian smiled, "We can do the execution here."

Christian quickly put me on the ground and hid me behind his large body.

"When did my master become such a monstrous thing?" He asked. Julian chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Ah, I was never who you thought I was. I was born to kill and kill I will. Get out of my way." Julian growled.

Christian hesitated and Julian lunged at us. Christian quickly shoved me backward; my body slammed in a rock and I winced.

I peeled my eyes open and stared at the two vampires lunging at each other's throats.

I gasped and stood, my legs shook as I chewed my lip. What would happen if I were to throw myself between them? To just give myself up?

Julian would still kill Christian, he's a blood thristy monster.

"Samantha! Run!" Christian shouted. I nodded, spun on my heel and ran with all of my strength.

I wanted to turn back, to end everyone's misery. I glanced over my shoulder and gasped. Julian had Christian by the throat, his blood red eyes never left my as he ripped into Christian's shoulder.

"N-no!" I stopped and turned to them. My breath came in shallow gasps.

Julian licked his lips and grasped Christian's arm and ripped it clean off. I cried while watching him bleed out from his wounds.

"Stop it!" I cried, Julian's smile grew and he dropped Christian and appeared before me.

I ckenched my jaw as his finger tips brushed my cheeks.

"Things really took a turn for the worst, am I right?" He mocked. I nodded and met his unwavering gaze.

"It really did." I admitted. I pressed my palm to my stomach and watched Julian's eyes travel to the spot where our baby rested.

"Any final words to that unborn child before I murder you both?" He asked with a smirk. I nodded and quickly pulled a small vile from my sleeve and opened it.

"Goodbye, Julian." I gulped down the liquid that Ruth had slipped me when we sat down to talk. I never wanted it to come to this, I never wanted Julian to win, but, my time has come.

I stumbled forward and I crashed into him, his hands wrapped around me as he tried to force me to stand.

"Idiot! I have to be the one to kill you! I have to take your life like I did your family!" He shouted. I met his gaze and smiled.

"See you in hell." I slurred. His eyes widened and I was suddenly being carried away at lightening speed.

I gazed at my saviour, Christian. He held me with his only arm.

"Stay with me! Stark's okay! Julian hinted that he was still alive, let's find him together okay?" Christian glanced at me. I nodded but my consciousness was already fading.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered with tears in my eyes. My body was unable to move, soon my heart would stop as well.

Christian put some blood into my mouth to heal me but my heart already ached, the pain quickly faded and I felt my heart slow.

"Stark is waiting for you! Stark loves you. Don't do this, don't leave him, he's waiting, he's alive. Samantha — Samantha?" He shook me.

"Stark's... Waiting... For me?" I asked.

My lips shook as my final breath slipped from my grasp and my heart beat faded to nothing. My eyes began to fall as the world around me turned to darkness, leaving behind the nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

Silence filled me with joy, silence carried me on a throne in the dark. Everything was gone, the cruel world where vampires ruled the humans. All of it was gone, leaving me with nothing.

Just as I thought it was over I woke gasping for air. My body was on fire, burning from the inside out as I bounced around against Christian's body — his only arm was still holding me.

"W-what's going on?" I asked trembling. Christian averted his gaze as we continued to run, blood and smoke filled my nose as I glanced around us. We were heading toward the mansion.

"Stay still." He mumbled.

I glanced around, my eyes burned and ached as the sun glowed bright in the sky.

"Where's Stark —" I began.

"That doesn't matter right now, we have to get you somewhere safe." Christian snapped. I rubbed my eyes and noticed the change in my skin, it was abnormally pale with a tunge of purple.

"D-did I die?" I choked out. Christian fell silent as he focused on what was in front of us. A town that I had visited with my family one year when I was younger.

"Stay hidden in the town, I'll go find Stark-" Christian stopped in front of a small house and he put me on my feet and went to leave; I quickly grabbed his wrist and chewed my lip.

"Thank you." I cried. He gave a firm nod, touched my shoulder and smiled sadly as he turned and vanished.

Stark was lucky to have a brother willing to do anything for him.

Stark and Christian had this all planned from the beginning, it just didn't work out; Julian was always one step ahead — listening and plotting.

He wasn't as dumb as I thought he was. Just a monster with no emotion, with no remorse for what he's done.