Master | Chapter 13

In the morning I was woken by the sound of someone rattling the bars of my cell. I peeled my eyes open and groaned at the sight of Christian.

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this because he's my little brother." Christian tossed half a piece of bread at me. I desperately caught it before it could hit the floor.

"And just so you know, you're a prick." I muttered.

He smirked and gave a small nod.

"That's correct, now if you'll excuse me. I have to attend a funeral."

"Vampires have funerals?" I cackled and gasped.

"Enjoy your stay." He replied.

I groaned and nibbled on the bread he had given me. The bread dried my mouth making it almost impossible to swallow.

"Hey there." Stark appeared in a suit.

I smiled and sighed. I hated that I looked weak and desperate—especially in front of him.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything to drink, would you?" I glanced at his pockets but there was no sight of anything that could be consumed.

"Oddly enough," he pulled out a small bottle of what looked like wine, "only a sip, okay?"

I nodded and quickly made my way over to him and he put the opening to my mouth and tilted it. I let it smoothly glide down my throat and I closed my eyes.

"Mmm." I groaned.

"Julian will be down here in an hour or so, he has to make a small appearance at the funeral. Just make sure you act good and easy going, he plans to start over with you." Stark touched my hair and sighed.

"Thank you." I smiled.

Stark's eyes seemed to almost glow as he gazed at me, he smiled kindly and quickly glanced away.

"You're welcome," he glanced over his shoulder, "I should get going–"

"W-what if Julian wants something that I can't give him." I blurted. I didn't want to give up my entire being—my innocence to that filthy man.

Stark appeared shocked at my sudden outburst. He raised a brow and tilted his head.

"What do you mean?"

"Uhm, what if he wants me to be—His lover?" I asked.

Stark frowned and sighed. He licked his lips and scratched the back of his head before meeting my gaze.

"Then you must—"

"No," I interrupted, "that's the only thing I'll refuse, I don't love that monster of a man. I want to be with someone that I love."

"You can't," Stark stated, "you have to do what your master tells you to."

"Please—"

"Don't mess this up..." Stark sighed and disappeared. I slumped against the cold cement wall and blinked away my tears.

"I won't..." I whispered to myself and threw the rest of my bread at the wall. My body shook with fear and anger. A part of me wished that I would die but more of me wanted to live, love, have children, and grow old. All the things I won't be able to have at this rate.

I cried for a while, I was unable to control all my emotions that charged at me all at once. I stared at the mossy wall, unable to shed any more tears. I licked my dry lips and smacked the wall hoping to release my anger before Julian arrived.

I grew silent and decided to lay on the cold floor and stare up at the cement ceiling.

"Have you calmed down?" The sudden voice startled me. I jumped and glanced at the culprit.

"Yes," I spoke calmly, "I'm sorry."

Julian crouched and peered at me through the bars. I lifted my broken hand up and smiled.

"Are you ready to come out?" He asked.

"Yes," I waved my numb wrist, "please fix my wrist, I can't seem to feel any pain anymore."

I tried my best to force this act, even if it was for a little while, I needed to get fixed up.

Julian chuckled and unlocked the door and swung it open but I didn't make and attempt to move.

"A little blood will surely fix it." He grinned and leaned over my body. I met his gaze as he bit down on his tongue and brought his lips to mine. I shut my eyes and allowed the warm blood glide over my tongue and down my throat. It was metallic and grossly thick, but it was the only thing that would work.

Julian pulled away and licked his lips. A grin tugged at the corners of his mouth with amusement.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. He traced my jawline and chuckled when I didn't flinch away. I had to force myself to be obedient.

"Good girl," he pulled me to my feet, "lets get you warmed up and fed." He draped his jacket over my shoulders and led me upstairs.

Once back upstairs I was greeted by the devil himself, Christian. I glared at him as we passed and he glared back.

"It seems that Stark has talked sense into you once again, huh?" Julian muttered. He gazed at me, clearly searching for answers.

"Christian talks more sense into me," I admitted, "he scares me."

Julian raised a brow and chuckled.

"Interesting," he grinned, "try not to make me have kill them, okay?"

I gawked at him as he seated me on a beautiful love seat couch. He sat beside me and pulled me into his arms with force.

"Yes, sir." I choked out.

I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. His grin made it seem like a joke but his cold and empty gaze spoke other wise.

He was truly a terrifying man.