The Plan | Chapter 29

I had to sleep with Christian. I had to taint my body and paint myself with the reality of this bitter world so that my baby and I would be safe — so Stark would be safe.

I sighed as Christian scowled while he paced the room.

"Well, at least he didn't give us a time limit. We can wait, for months possibly." He mumbled. I glanced at him as I wondered if waiting was actually possible. I sat quietly for a while before it occurred to me.

"Wait, if we wait months then I won't be getting any meals." I growled. Christian nodded knowingly.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my anger before it boiled to the surface.

"Well, I suppose Stark wouldn't like that plan either." He sighed and groaned. He was trying to protect his brother from being hurt as well.

"Can't we pretend?" I whispered. Christian's gloomy expression lit up as he nodded slowly.

"That might work, but if Julian comes in just to make sure, then what?" He asked.

"Well, how about this," I stood and paced. "We'll be in a position that'll make it look like we're doing it but we'll have our underwear on. It's easy to pretend, just make lots of noise and make it believable." I winked.

Christian tried to keep a straight face but began to cackle at my explanation. He covered his face shyly as he laughed uncontrollably — I was shocked, to see such a expression on a man of that usually wore a stern facade.

"W-why are you laughing?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"You speak as if you've tried this before." He choked out between his laughter.

I smiled and rubbed my eyes. He was right, I made it sound like I knew exactly what I was doing.

"When should we try it?" I asked. He raised a brow and stood.

"Tonight. It's better to get it done and over with as soon as possible." He mumbled and disappeared. I stood alone, in deafening silence.

I wanted to cry, to just leave this place and never look back. I was excited, to be free and raise my child in a world far from Julian.

I sat on the bed and glanced at the window, the beautiful rays of sunlight leaked threw the curtain and spilled over my skin.

I took a deep breath as I squeezed my eyes shut. My thoughts were consumed by unease and anxiety. I cleared my throat and opened the window allowing the cool breeze wash over my skin cleansing my worries.

I heard Julian below, in the dining room speaking comfortably. I peeked out into the hallway before creeoing halway down the stairs to eavesdrop.

I peeked around the corner and saw him and Christian holding wine glasses full of blood. I noticed how comfortable they were around each other.

"Make sure to finish it all, I wouldn't want you to mess this up." Julian smiled and Christian hesitantly sipped at the blood.

I could tell that he didn't want to drink it, that he wanted to disobey Julian but he must be threatening something as usual.

"The drink is laced with something isn't it?" Christian asked.

Julian chuckled and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Of course it is, I want a genuine reaction out of Stark when he sees you and his love in bed together." He cackled. I frowned as Christian cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Stark hasn't tried to contact her since the time you—" Christian began but Julian cut him off.

"I'm just doing what's necessary for him to let her go and to leave her to me. I'll pick up her peices and make her into the perfect bride; just as my parents, if she bares a daughter they'll both be slaughtered." Julian smiled happily as he drummed his nails on the wooden table.

"Only PureBloods can create children, correct?" Christian asked. I chewed my upper lip and Julian's gaze flickered to me for a split second, a smirk tugging the corners of his lips.

"Correct." Julian glanced back to Christian and happily sipped his own drink.

I stumbled backwards and went to climb up the stairs but I froze. A part of me wanted to know more, to figure out what Julian was truly planning.

I glanced behind me and noticed a woman watching me with bloodshot eyes, smiling like she was ready for what was to come.

I hurried back to the room and slammed the door and went into the bathroom and locked the door. Julian had a plan, one that I wasn't prepared for. One that Christian didn't want to be a part of.

I sat in the empty tub with my knees to my chest. My plan was failing. From the fake sex to escaping to safety.

Julian was always one step ahead of me, he knew my plans before I even knew them.

Tears sprang to my eyes as I took deep breaths trying to keep calm, to keep a positive attitude before everything would crumble all around me.

Time passed. Minutes turned into hours. The more time I spent hiding in the bathroom was more pressure and anxiety piling onto my shoulders. The weight of my aching heart felt suffocating while I listened to the silence. It was painful — like needles in my ears.

There was so much I wanted in my life, so much I desired but how much more could I take of this. How much more torture will Julian order before I finally have enough and take my own life. He may not be human but he sure as hell understands the emotions and pain he causes to us, humans. He just didn't care.

All he cared about was that he was the King of the PureBlood Clan. He killed his own father to gain his poistion. That monster has no emotion, no remorse for what he's done and what he'll continue to do.

While I was in the middle of trying to contain my anxiety the sound of knocking on the bathroom door startled me.

"Open up," Christians hoarse voice rang in my ears as he turned the door handle and snapping the lock. "It's time."

I gasped as the door swung open. His eyes were glazed over and he seemed dazed. My heart leapt inside my chest as his large hands reached for me.

"W-Wait!" I gasped.

This, this was Julian's plan.