All Hope Is Gone | Chapter 33

A funeral was going to be held at the mansion for Ruth's passing. Julian thought it'd be a great idea to host one after murdering her for answers. I could already feel the tension between Max and Julian even though they kept their distance from one another.

"Hi, how are you?" Max asked with a sad smile. I hesitated as I went to give him a hug but noticed Julian glaring from his seat.

"I'm good, I'm so sorry for your loss. That should have never happened. If I had told him that I was asking advice for him to fall in love with me she would still be here... I can't apologize enough." I sighed.

Max smiled sadly and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't apologize for something you didn't do. I only blame one person and it isn't you. I promise that this is what Ruth would have wanted." He mumbled and took a drink of his wine. I nodded hesitantly as I noticed Julian approaching from behind Max.

I took a deep breath and faked a smile.

"Do you have buisness with my slave?" Julian hissed. Max shook his head and began to leave but I grabbed his arm unintentionally and glared at Julian.

"What is your problem lately? You've become cold, distant and a dick more than usual." I challenged.

"My problem? Let's see. Between a war between clans, I have to worry about my slave doing something she'll regret. Oh, must I add, I have a baby on the way." His eyes glowed like fire.

"W-what?" I asked.

Both Max and I froze in place and had gone pale. How did he find out?

"My ex girlfriend is pregnant. We're gaining a new PureBlood. It's rare but it's happening." He glared while he reached for me.

"How far along is she?" Max asked what I couldn't.

"Two months," Julian replied. "You see, It's not easy being the head of The PureBlood Clan. I couldn't have my slave try to abandon me before I had the chance to kill her." Julian smiled.

I shot him a glare and let go of Max. I took a deep breath and placed myself directly in front of the monster. I glanced up and met his unwavering gaze.

"You say you want to kill me but you haven't left me to die, you actually seem to enjoy my company." I growled.

"I'd love to kill you right here, right now." His voice was low and raspy.

"Then do it." I challenged. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he chuckled and brushed my hair behind my ears.

"Oh, but I couldn't have anymore fun taunting you with my very existence." He licked his lips and spun on his heel.

"Are you going to marry her?" I asked.

Julian froze and glanced over his shoulder with a raised brow.

"Well, of course. Did you truly believe I'd fall in love with a broken toy such as yourself?" He chuckled and began walking away. I glanced to my feet acting as if I was upset about his words.

Max sighed and motioned me to a group of guys and girls.

"Come, say hi to some of the werewolves here today." He smiled.

I nodded and followed close behind, I could feel Julian's glare stabbing me in the back like daggers. The moment I stepped into the group of wolf's I sensed an uncomfortable air.

"Hi, my name is Samantha." I introduced myself to everyone. A woman stood and shook my hand with a grim expression.

"You're that monsters slave?" She asked.