The Sunrise | Chapter 17

I managed to get the extra sleep that I needed and almost felt completely revived—but I was woken by the evil, arragont Prince.

Julian hovered above me watching me curiously while I tried to cuddle the pillow with drool pooling from my lips.

"Holy hell!" I gasped and sat up. I quickly wiped my face and fixed my hair.

"Should I just buy you a small bed so that you aren't always sleeping in mine." He raised a brow. I sighed and shook my head. There was no way I would ask him to buy me anything. I didn't need any more reason to listen to his commands.

"No thanks," I chewed my lip. "I wasn't sure when you'd be back—"

"Well I suppose we can share the bed now that we are lovers."

I flinched at the word and shot him a sneer. There was no way that I would even pretend to be his lover while behind closed doors, he must be dreaming.

"I agreed to pretend to be your lover," I frowned. "I want nothing to do with you besides to kill you."

He grabbed my chin and smiled.

"Careful what you say so early in the morning." He mumbled.

I sighed and rolled over making it clear I wanted nothing to do with him.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry." I mumbled and brought the blanket to my face. I wasn't ready to get out of bed yet, the warmth was worth everything to me.

"Come, we have places we must go." He held out a hand as if I would take it.

"Where?" I asked.

"New slaves have been transported to a shop close by and I would love to see which ones I could use." He smirked.

I glared and sat up and swatted his hand.

"Do you plan to keep killing innocent people just so you can--"

"Everyone in this place must feed," he announced, "I don't plan on sharing you with the filthy half breeds."

"T-then, I have one request." I hesitated.

He raised a brow curiously and watched me intently with his green eyes.

"What would that be?" He asked.

"Please make their deaths quick and painless." I pleaded. He sighed and slouched forward bringing his hands to his forehead.

"As you wish, my darling slave." He kissed my cheek and extended his hand once again. I chewed my lip and gently took his hand in mine allowing his to ease me out of the bed.

He grabbed a dress from the back of the door and handed it to me. His eyes never left me as I uncomfortably removed my clothes so I could put on the dress. My cheeks burned from embarrassment as I quickly tugged on the beautiful pink dress.

"Looks lovely." He murmered in my ear from behind. I gasped and glanced over my shoulder at him; I didn't see or hear him move whatsoever.

He silently moved my hair to one shoulder and chuckled.

"Is it really okay if I join you?" I asked.

"Of course. You are my slave afterall." He smiled and gestured me to follow him.

I silently followed as he led me outside, a car was waiting our arrival. Julian opened the passenger side of the door and gestured me inside.

Slowly, I tuck myself in my seat and buckle my seatbelt. Julian started the engine and put the car in drive.

"Try not to speek in front of the shop keeper, he has strict rules for slaves." Julian glanced at me and stepped on the gas pedal. The car jerked into motion and hummed a tune.

"Yes, sir." I gazed out the car window and stared at the beautiful scenery that unfoleded before me; green tress in the distance with the mesmerizing swirls of pink, blue, and orange forming from the sun about to rise.

I smiled and took a deep breath. It was like the old days. Where Katy and I would sit on a hill for hours watching the sun rise and set. It was sort of a thing we did when we wanted to escape the awful reality we lived in. Sadly; I'm unable to share moments like that with anyone anymore.

I was simply a slave, one that isn't allowed to enjoy life or escape the shitty reality that I live.

I glanced over at Julian who had his eyes glued to the road. I noticed him reach for a button on his door side and suddenly my window rolled down allowing the smell of grass and dirt to fill me with the happiness I desperately needed.