Chance | Chapter 28

Once I was back at the house I hurried to the bathroom and ran warm water into the tub. I glanced toward the door and noticed Julian peering at me curiously.

"Your period huh?" He asked. I nodded and dipped my hand into the warm water.

"Yes, normally girls use medicine, but, I doubt you'd give me any." I glanced away and took a deep breath.

"Well, I wouldn't mind giving you medicine for that reason. I've heard that cramps can be quite painful." He spoke awkwardly while he opened the cabinet by the toilet.

"Here." He mumbled handing me an Advil. I raised a brow for a second before taking the pill in my hand and putting it into my mouth.

"Thank you," I smiled, "may I bathe alone?"

Julian chuckled and nodded. He hesitated for a moment before hurrying out of the bathroom. I quickly spit the pill into my hand and put it on the side of the tub.

"Crap." I mumbled. I undressed and submerged myself in the tub of warm water. I tilted my head back and slid myself into a comfortable position.

I touched my stomach and gently trailed my fingers along the smooth surface. I assumed the baby was growing at an inhuman speed considering Ruth could hear the heartbeat. I stared at my stomach and noticed that I had gotten a little bit bigger. I sighed and took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves.

This wasn't good, I was going to speed through this pregnancy too quickly. I massaged the bridge of my nose in frustration.

How the hell was I going to get out of this place without Julian trying to find me? How was I going to just vanish without a trace?

I put my hand on the little bump and gently rubbed in circles. I was afraid and excited at the same time to have a child. Despite being so young it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I desperately needed to make sure I had a plan that'll definitely work. I debated whether or not to attempt killing Julian or just slip out when he goes on business trips.

I groaned and rubbed my tired eyes. I wanted to sleep and eat. More importantly I wanted to see Stark.

The sound of footsteps filled me with unease as I grabbed my towel and brought it close in case someone was going to walk in.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Christian." The emotionless voice replied. I sighed and leaned over to the tub so I could hear him better.

"What is it?" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Don't bother pulling any stunts." He almost sounded saddened.

I hesitated for a moment before standing and wrapping the warm towel around my wet body. I opened the door and glared at him.

"Stunts? Like what? Grabbing some extra food?" I sneered.

"Stark wants you to stop whatever you're scheming. It isn't worth your life or his." Christian inched closer with his jaw clenched.

"I—" He covered my mouth and brought his voice to a whisper.

"Don't lie. Julian is starting to catch onto it, try harder to stay alive." He growled before turning on his heel and storming out of the room. I sighed and closed the bathroom door.

Christian was always such an ass, but, he had a point. I have to be more careful, he wasn't threatening me, he was warning me.

The only reason Christian would warn me would be if Julian was plotting something that him and Stark were genuinely worried of.

I pressed my back against the door and frowned. A part of me already knew that I wasn't going to be seeing Max and Ruth anytime soon.

"He's going to be watching carefully..." I mumbled as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My skin was pale, my arms were merely bone and my stomach had a small bump. Tears pooled in my eyes as I brought my fingers to my face and I gently trailed down to my stomach as if to believe that this wasn't me.

"Julian?!" I called as I quickly got dressed. I hurried out of the bathroom and headed down the stairs where Julian stood with a smirk.

"Yes?" He asked almost jokingly.

"L-look at me! I'm too skinny!" I stood directly in front of him as he licked his dry lips.

"If you'd like," Julian caressed my cheek, "I can arrange a dinner for you every single day, as long as you do something for me."

"What is it?" I asked.

Julian glanced to Christian who stood nearby and he smirked.

"Sleep with Stark's brother." Julian stated plainly. I froze and stared at him in shock.

"I-I thought that you wanted me all to yourself? I thought that you were worried about another man taking me away from you?" Fake tears sprang to my eyes.

"Oh, darling. Stark isn't allowed to have you. Nothing would hurt him more than seeing his brother and his first love in bed together." Julian chuckled evilly.

I took a deep breath and tried to come up with an excuse, to try and change the way things were going.

"I love you though!" I cried.

"Sam," Julian smiled sweetly and inched closer, "I don't love you."

His smile became bitter as he shoved me toward Christian. Was this worth the food to help my baby? Was this really worth only one meal a day?

"Two meals." I mumbled.

Julian raised a brow and tilted his head.

"What?" He asked.

"Two meals a day and I'll do it." I choked. Burning hot tears streamed down my cheeks and dripped off my chin.

Julian sighed and folded his arms over his chest while studying me. His eyes traveled from my head to my toes with a look of disappoint.

"Fine." He groaned and turned and disappeared. I swallowed the lump in my throat and glanced up at Christian who looked angry. His expression was dark and unsettling.

"I can't believe this." I muttered.

Christian sighed and met my gaze.

"Don't screw up. This is your chance." He whispered before he turned me and made me walk toward the room.

What does he mean...?

My chance?