The Devil | Chapter 10

I glared at the man in front of me, his sinister grin didn't waver as he waited for me to bow for him.

"Sir," I sighed with a bow, "thank you for allowing me to live here with you."

He placed a hand on my shoulder and chuckled.

"You've definitely grown since the last time we met." Julian grabbed my chin and forced my head up to meet his gaze.

I bit my tongue quickly to prevent myself from replying with a snarky comment.

"Of course," I choked, "It's truly a pleasure to see you again."

"Oh?" He questioned. I fought to keep my gaze from wavering while Stark stood uncomfortably to the side, confused.

"May I go?" I mumbled, Julian smirked and sighed.

"This is where you sleep, on the floor at the end of my bed. I wake up hungry quite a bit so prepare yourself." He pulled me into his arms and gave me a little squeeze before he set me free and shoved me to the floor. The force he used wasn't friendly at all, my face hit the floor and I gasped.

"Sir-" Stark tried to protest but Julian held up a finger and glanced at him.

"Take your leave. I'm going to see how obedient she really is." Julian hissed. I glanced at Stark who hesitated before he quickly left. He abandoned me with the monster that I so badly wanted to hurt.

Julian appeared before me, his green eyes gazed into mine as he stroked my hair.

He smirked and gently tilted my head to the side. He observed me carefully and slowly glided a single finger from my jawline to the base of my neck. I squired under his touch, the tingling sensation under my skin nearly made me giggle.

"Oh?" He murmured and met my gaze, a amused grin tugged the corners of his mouth as he licked his lips.

"W-wait," I panicked and put my hands up in defense, "please allow me to prepare myself..."

He sighed and chuckled. The deep rumble sent chills down my spine. Julian's expression was dark and his lips curved into a cocky, yet alluring smirk.

"Nah." He replied and quickly grabbed my hair and brought his teeth to my flesh. He licked the surface of my skin and pierced my sensitive flesh. I gasped and clutched onto my nearest object, a chair limb.

I felt my blood slowly being taken from me. He placed his lips against my skin careful not to spill any of his precious food, the meal I unwilling provided.

My body burned, not just my body, but my core. I had never experienced such a sensation—one where I could easily be seduced.

I frowned and tried to push him away before I could completely fall under his spell. He grabbed my hands and inserted his teeth deeper. Pain coursed through my veins and I found that I could no longer struggle.

"Ah!" He retracted his teeth and gasped. I swayed in place, I was dazed.

"N-no more, please." I pleaded and grasped his arm and tried to focus my attention to him.

"It seems they didn't bleed you enough." Julian licked the blood from his lips and shoved his hand inside my chest in one, swift movement. My mouth hung open and my eyes stared wide, I was paralyzed in place, unable to move—to react.

"H-hel-" I tried to speak but blood spilled from my chapped lips. I gazed at him and pleaded with my eyes begging him to save me.

"Fine. Only because it's your first day as a slave I'll let you off just this once with this as a warning." He flashed a self-satisfied smirk and brought his lips to mine. I parted my dry, chapped lips and allowed his blood to glide smoothly down my throat. The sensation from earlier lingered making it hard to resit the temptation of wanting more from him—when clearly I wanted nothing more than to kill him.

While I allowed the blood to glide down I couldn't part away from him even though I had the visual image of what he had done to my family in my head. I hated him—despised his whole existence and yet I wanted more, as if I was compelled to want it.

He stood, plopped onto the bed and ran his hand through his dark hair. I watched him from my spot on the floor, still dazed.

"We have a busy day tomorrow so make sure to rest well." He threw his hands behind his head and laid into his plush mattress.

"Thank you, sir." I mumbled and let myself be consumed by the darkness despite the cold air seeping through the floor boards.

I was a slave to the Vampire who killed my family. Who forced me to watch as he did it. The man I hated most in the world and I was forced to serve him—him and I of all things. As if he had this set up for the longest time.