"Bakit? Nasa Harrington ba na bawal?"

"Doctor ka ba? Alam mo na ang sagot!"

She dials Justin and Trisha phone numbers too, but they seemed to be very busy at the moment. It's ten in the morning and probably they're on rounds.

Instead, she dials Thomas'

"Hi!"

"Lei?"

"Lunch tayo! Isama mo si Doc Helen"

"Hindi pa kami tapos dito sa office ni Tita, kino-complete pa namin ang charting"

"O? What are you doing there?"

"Helping you"

"With?"

"With these bunch of papers. Bakit ganoon? Why do you still need to prove yourself and your worth even if you will only give your heart to a person?"

"Okay... Thomas, okay. I'm happily married"

She can hear him laughing "By the way, can we just have dinner instead?"

"Okay, sige... at your most available time"

---------

Lea follows the line of cars into the school's parking lot. She grabs her phone and dials the twins' yaya. She tells the yaya to wait for her without informing the twins that she will pick them up at school –she wants to surprise them.

She can see Sam and Eli playing in the school's playground. As always, Sam immediately recognizes her presence. Funny, she thinks, Sam can see or smell her even meters apart.

"Mommy!" he yells for Lea, sprinting to her

"Hi! Babe! Surprise!!!"

"Mommy!" Eli follows

"I miss you, Mommy" Sam hugs her

"I miss you too, Babe" she carries Sam in her arms

Eli is holding Lea's free hand as they head towards their car "Mommy, can we eat together, please? Are you going to work today?"

Lea smiles deep "Nope, Mommy has no work today. Today is Mommy and Eli and Sam's day"

"Yay!" the twins squeal with delight

"What do you want to eat?"

"I want to eat your yummy food" Eli says

"You want me to cook for you?"

"Yes" she answers, brightly

Lea is cooking chicken curry for lunch, as per request. Aga is talking to her via Facetime while she cooks.

"I will be going to have dinner with Thomas" she looks at Aga to see his reaction, she gets none. Aga's clearly at peace even if Thomas is around "and his Tita"

"Oh, good. Please tell them my sincere 'thank you'"

"Will do"

"And, earlier..." she pauses as she adds a little salt

"–and... what? What about earlier?"

Lea smiles "Forget it"

Aga frowns "Ano ba yan! Say it!"

"Wala nga... forget it"

"May something eh"

"Basta!"

Remedial Heart (LeAga)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें