twenty-one

A•N: (*speaks in British) The story Remedial Heart was outlined for twenty chapters only buuttt ta-daaa!! It's chap twenty-one; the outline was modified—last minute revisions were made for continuity purposes. If you're that keen observer/reader; chaps 18, 19, 20 there were a lot... uhh-LOT of sudden rise-fall-rise again-then fall-scenes and pointless add-ons (really.. i find it unnecessary; sorry for that)

The succeeding chapters would be  third person point of view form and not Doc Lea's (first-person) point of view anymore. Meaning, the Author (which is I) would be the narrator of the story

---------------------------------------

Kate arrived running in heels. Unlike her other friends of whom she've handled, Lea's multiple pregnancy case made her feel anxiousaside from she's on the first trimester, aside from her age, Lea's a dear friendmore like a sister to her.

She read Lea's chart at the nurse station. She just shook her head thinking how naggy her friends are; Really... like seriously? she saw Justin's Trodat stamp and signature at the patient's Clinical and Treatment Notes but deep inside her, she knew it was Lea who ordered her own medication. They can manipulate/misrepresent each other; that's a drawback, illegal/unethical may be... but most of the time it's beneficial in their squad.

She went straight to Lea's cubicle and found Justin operating the fetal ultrasound machine "My god, Dr. Chua, you're late!" Justin said teasing Kate.

She raised her brows "Let me handle that, bugger!"

Kate applied the ultrasound gel to Lea's abdomen and pelvic area. In a back and forth motion, she moved the transducer onto her belly to scan the fetuses inside. The gestational sacs were viewed. Accurately, the fetuses' growth, size and age were measured and Kate inspected any malformations. She then turns on the pulsed Doppler, and the twins' heartbeats were heard.

Lea's face turned beet red as she bit her nail tipshe felt very delighted...she wanted to be a mother longer than she can remember, this is her ultimate dream and now it's happening...really happening. This was the best sound she ever heard.

But looking closely, the delighted feeling was replaced with worriesLea knew it was not the heart rate speed measurement she expects to see. This tore her heart out.

"Lea... look! As you can see and hear the heartbeats are at low rate. Last week, si Twin B lang ang may low heart rate— now, Twin A's heart rate is also low... what did I told you? Don't stress yourself!"

Now, this is a challenge to Lea; healing the pain and emptiness the hollow feeling Aga had left.. no, Lea had allowed to left. She needs to cope up and fight the sense of blame she needs to restore herself and her heart because the babies inside can feel it.

--------------------------

Lea was working in her Macbook. She needs to finish everything before she files her resignation. The current incident is a clear sign for her to slow down. The low heart rates of the twins were alarmingshe should prioritize the health of the growing twins inside.

She heard the door creaks open, she checked the time—aah.. might be the nurse-on-rounds. To her surprise it wasn't the nurse she expects to come in.

"D-doc, good morning po!"

"Kumusta na ang pakiramdam mo Lea?"

"O-okay na po ako, Doc"