thirty

*Contains scenes not suitable for too young readers

"Night-night, Dad!" she said as she steps out of the car

"Night-night, Mom!"

It gives her butterflies and made her skin flush and feel like it was on fire yet cold at the same time.She was smiling, all smiling then...

She remembers he has a girlfriend. But at that moment, both of them were into each other, she was into him that she let it get into the way of her morals. Lea is happy, but deep down she knows it is wrong.

I still love you too, Lea is trying to ignore the siren in her that is blaring I still love you too, I still love you too. She inhales sharply, and her pulse feels like it was skittering out of control as she opens the door. I kissed him, I just kissed him. She bites her nail-tip Lea, why the fuck did you do it? Bloody fucker control your whoremones! She scolds herself as she walks towards her room. Friends. We're. just. friends. Okay, Lea? Okay? Be firm, you're just friends.

The light coming through the slightly opened door of the twins' bedroom catches her attention. Why are they still awake at this hour? Yet, she doubts because there is peace and silence around. She walks closer and peeks at the door slightly ajar. She sees Sam busy on a book with only the lamp as his source of light and in an instant her heart melts. She knows the little boy is waiting for her and to keep awake, he kept himself busy with a book he don't even know how to read.

"Sam? Sam!" she calls in an audible whisper

"Mum! You're here!" he beams with delight

"why are you still awake? did you wait for me?"

"Yeth"

"Awww" she nuzzles his cheek "you should be sleeping"

"I can't sleep, Mum"

"Why?"

"Becauth you're not around, Mum"

"You want me to lie down beside you so you can sleep now?"

"Ith it okay? but if you're tired, ith okay not to"

"Nope! Mommy's not" she closes his book and tucks him in the bed "thank you for waiting, baby! but next time, if it's late, you should not wait for Mum, 'kay?"

"Okay, Mum" he kisses her lips "I love you, Mum"

"I love you too, sweetheart"

Lea cuddles Sam to let him relax and feel loved "You love Mommy so much, do you?"

"Yeth, Mommy. I love you very much and Daddy too"

"That is so sweet, baby bear"

"Mum? Do you love Daddy, too?"