sixteen

Dan pulled up in front of our gate. Our housekeeper was there waiting outside.

"Magandang hapon po, Doc! Sir!" She greeted

"Kalmado ba ang Dragon?" I asked

She chuckled "Kalmado naman po, bagong ligo kasi. Nasa kusina po siya."

"Really? Nagluto ang Dragon?" I clapped, slowly "What a miracle!"

She winked "Opo naman! Uuwi ang pinakapaboritong anak eh!—Good luck, Doc!"

I squeezed Aga's hand and sniffed his shoulder "Are you ready for this?"

"I—I'm not that sure, but i'll do this — " he kissed my temple and whisphered "—all for you!"

"I love you" I mouthed

"I love you more, Babes!"

------------

Walking through the hallway leading to the kitchen, I rubbed my hands and held them close together "I can do this"

I gulped down a lump of worry rising up in my throat. I shouldn't be worried. I took a deep breath then stepped closer.

"Wow! S'mores bars!!!—are these all for me?" I kissed her cheek "Hi Mom! Long time no see!"

She pushed her glasses up to the bridge of her nose "No, not for you but for your visitor."

I bit my lip and held my breath as I gathered all the suitable words to introduce Aga "Mom, I came with my boyfriend with a basket of your recent favorites— lettuce and strawberries freshly picked from La Trinidad."

Aga placed the basket at the kitchen table top.

"Aga this is my Mom, Mom this is Aga." I introduced

Hello, Ma'am! I am Aga Morales" He offered a handshake "What a pleasure to finally meet you. I hope you'll like these lettuce and strawberries."

My mom smiled "You're too tensed. Just calm down, Hijo. Thanks for these!"

"Luch" My mom called the housekeeper "please put these in the fridge. Clean it first ha!"

Aga held out a chair, I sat down without removing my sight on my mother's face and he took the seat beside me. My mom placed the s'mores on the kitchen's table top. The smell is mouthwatering, this is real comfort food.

"Here's your coffee Lea—" my Mom offered "Ikaw? what do you want Hijo, coffee or hot chocolate?"

"Coffee po, Ma'am"

From the corner of my eye, I know Aga is looking at me

"What?" I asked

"Mabait naman ang Mommy mo, maybe you're just exaggerating things" he whisphered

"Wait for it. Just—wait" I chuckled

My mom sat down at the seat opposite to us.

"How's the s'mores, Hijo?"

There's something different about her. What's with the unusual friendly aura? I can't read her face nor her actions. I am used to see her being too impulsive.

"Po?— ahh, masarap po Ma'am! My first time to try this kind of food."

"Really?" My eyes narrowed, I dont believe him "You're kidding"