thirty-six

N: This is the first of the last four chapters of Remedial Heart. Are you ready for it? Yay!
Tip: Reread as needed, do not skip chapters
------

As Lea walks directly to their bedroom Aga feels as if his soul is being ripped from him. He doesn't know where to start or how else to explain it.

What have he done? Her silence is making him guilty. It scares him.

Lea's coming out of their walk-in closet. She cuts him a quick, mean look, making him drop his head. She's angry because he can still manage to share the same bedroom or place with her despite of what happened.

Lea doesn't say anything. He looks up at her, and her arms are crossed. After a moment, she walks past him into the bathroom and shuts the door – she doesn't usually do that. He tries not to feel like he's being stabbed in the heart repeatedly, but that's how it feels. Every time she looks at him, she shows him what an insensitive person with lack of common sense he his and maybe, she's right. That's how he should feel.

She puts few drops of essential oil in the diffuser and turns it on.

Aga turns it off.

Wrong move.

"What is wrong with you?" she blurts out

"Let's fix this. Please let me explain, I don't think you understand"

"What's there to explain, Aga? You lied. That's it"

"Babes, it's not like that – "

"That's it!" she cuts him off "I don't want to hear it. I'm sleeping in the kids' room"

He gasps at her tone and the anger in her voice.

She picks up the diffuser and walks out. The bedroom door slams, causing him to startle. He hangs his head, knowing that he has caused this.

Lea's sitting across from him, her head angled down with her eyes on her plate. All he can think about is how different this breakfast is compared to their regular breakfasts. Lea used to laugh so much over something, answer the twins' non-stop questions and not getting annoyed. There was a permanent smile on her face and gleam on her eyes on an early morning.

Now, she doesn't even look at him. Her phone vibrates next to her plate, and she picks it up, responding to whatever it is. Usually, she doesn't take calls during "family time". When she sets it down, he decides to try and talk to her to break the lonely silence on their breakfast table. Sam and Eli does much of the talking. Sam, who can name all of his toy dinosaurs and Eli, who tries to listen to his brother's obsession. They're almost finished with breakfast and she hasn't spoken a word. She's definitely mad.

"Can you pass me the sausages, please?" he asks to open up a conversation

Her eyes lift to meet his, she passes the plate without objections.

"Daddy, when are we going back to your cold houth?" Sam breaks their silent war

"Do you mean the house in Tagaytay?"

The little boy nods yes

"When Mommy's free, when she doesn't have work"

She looks at him in a dash, that – he thinks it's a wrong choice of answer

Lea gives a small smile as if things are all better "Yep. When Daddy and I are not busy Sam, we'll go there"

"Really?" Sam's voice is cheery "When?"