thirty-eight

3/4

Disclaimer: May or may not be practiced in actual hospital setting. May or may not be factual medical procedures and information.

Aga watches Lea move around, put the food on their plates, and brings them over to the table before going back for drinks. She does take care of them.

Lea tries to keep her self during breakfast. Sam and Eli are there; they have sensitive senses now. From the corner of her eyes, she can see Aga looking at her, but Sam speaks first "Mommy, do you have work today?"

"I don't" Lea gives a small smile "But Daddy and I will still go to the hospital today"

"Why?" Eli asks

"Daddy needs to check his health"

"Awww" Eli sighs "Are you okay, Dad?"

"Yes! I am"

"But people who go to hospitals are not okay, they are sick!" Sam mumbles "Are you sick, Daddy?"

Oh, boy. Lea can't lie. She was right about their sensitive senses. She glances nervously at Sam "We will still figure it out, Babe"

"I will wish you will be fine, Daddy! You are a strong man!" Sam grins at him with hopeful eyes and offers a fist bump of encouragement to Aga

Aga giggles as he tousles Sam's hair "You sound like a man now"

---------------

The elevator leading to the Cardiologist's clinic opens. Lea reaches forward to hold Aga's hand; she smiles "We will be fine"

"I am holding the hand of the greatest Doctor I've ever known"

"Mm-hmmm. I am your wife, Sir"

Lea shakes her head smiling. She's holding the result of the echocardiogram performed to Aga an hour before they arrived at the Polyclinic. She didn't dare to open and pre-evaluate the results. This is a crazy day already. This time, she promised herself to be his wife – to take care of him and to support him.

Dr. Tan, Aga's Pulmonologist, laid all of the possibilities so she will know what strategies will be employed to manage Aga's condition. Upon thinking about it thoroughly last night, being a Doctor and at the same time the wife of an ill-patient is a torture – it's tough and physically straining. So, she arrived at the decision to choose being a wife– that's her role in their family on the first place.

"Mr. Morales?" the Doctor's secretary calls him "Your turn, Sir" They follow her to the consultation room.

---------------

The Doctor comes in, with Aga's clinical diagnostic results, after minutes of waiting "So... you must be Dr. Lea Morales?" he offers a handshake

"Good afternoon, Doc" she accepts the handshake

"I've heard a lot about you"

"I hope they're positive"

"Your name, achievements and skills are recognizable"

She laughs "– that is a lot of pressure to think about. I work for the sick. That's all"

"By the way, I have already evaluated the results" his look full of concern

Lea's heart drops, his expression is bad.

"Have you looked at it?"

Lea shakes her head 'no'

The Doctor physically assess Aga with his stethoscope.

Remedial Heart (LeAga)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें