thirty-five

"Hi!"

"Hi!" she greets and begins her endorsement. While endorsing, she can notice the pseudo-listening ears of the Doctor in front of her, but she don't mind. If he asks her to repeat any details in the chart, she'll surely strike this bloody bugger because he's obviously not paying attention.

"Good morning, Doc...?"

"Lea"

"Oh, Doc Lea! Good morning, Doc Lea. I'm Doc Carlo by the way"

"Good morning, Doc Carlo. I hope you got my endorsement right"

"Yes, I did. You're good actually—very specific, very detailed. I hope all Doctors endorses like you did. So... you're new here?"

She looks at him. He obviously knows nothing "Yep! Five hours ago"

"How about... take you out for a coffee during your break time?"

Wow. That was fast. "Why on my break time? So, you mean you have flexible break time sched?"

"Yes"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"First time to hear a free-lance slash open-sched in-house Doctor" she said while her eyes still checking and filling information in the chart.

"Because I can"

"Does the Admin knows this?"

"If you don't know, the Admin is a relative. We're relatives so... that gives me a... you know... 'favorable sched' and you can have a favorable sched too if, you'll go out with me. Ako bahala sa 'yo"

WTF. Ang presko, Lea thinks. "Relative?"

"Yes! Doc Anton Morales is my uncle. Brother of my Mom" he said with pride

LIAR! She shouts in her mind. Undeniably, he's not just a pervert but also a liar. She can sense that he's using this kind of strategy to entice and fool women he likes to play with.

"So... at your break time?" he adds.

God, he's not giving up "Why me?"

"I find you attractive and smart"

"I think... I think you picked the wrong person"

"Why so?"

Finally, she stamps her Trodat indicating she'd already re-checked the SOAP notes and hands him the chart using her left hand to show her wedding ring "I'm married. Read my stamp"

Doc Carlo reads
Lea Carmela S. Morales, MD, PSECP, PCEMAC
Lic no. 0135277
PTR 544-12122
S2 01372RM16-222M-L1

"Dr. Anton Morales is my husband's uncle and I haven't seen you in any of our family gatherings nor in our family picture displayed in their ancestral house. In short, I don't know you at all, we don't know you at all. You are not a relative, we are not relatives!" she smirks "You're a pervert liar! Stop flirting and playing with women's hearts, they don't deserve a kind of man like you. Doctor ka pa naman"

Clearly, the Doctor was humiliated and wordless.

Lea can see the shame in his eyes. "Maybe, you really need a dose of caffeine. Have a good day!" she waves goodbye

Interrupting Lea's thoughts, Scarlett bustles into her side with an armful of patient charts and an overflowing cup of steaming coffee. She smiles brighter than anyone had a right to be smiling at early in the morning.