thirty-three

In times like this, we need a happy pill... something that will activate our happy hormones #escapereality

Again, read responsibly. The story is not age-sensitive.

----------------------------------

Lea's eyes slowly start to come open. She's lying in a tangled mess of sheets, and her husband is sleeping soundly next to her with his limbs wrapped around her like a vine.

Reality is poking her —after this... what will happen next? She's excited, she's thrilled ... she's not. She is partly nervous. They're going home... then what? She's going back to hospital work— Philippine setting. Can she still manage the demanding workload? the crazy shifting schedules? How good she will be in organizing her time as a Physician, as a Mom and as a wife— three functions, one body... How? Aga is now part of her system and whatever she will do or think— all decisions will and should not bypass him.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she focuses on the memory of what happened last weekend. And what a weekend it was. It was something that comes out of fairy tales, the intimate feeling was magical.

The images of Aga and her as they make it the first time after how many years, after how many attempts flash through her mind. The connection is still incredible between them.

She catch a glimpse of her wedding ring, and it takes her breath away. It's a French Pavé diamond eternity ring, inscribed on the inside is a Latin phrase remedii cor meum - Lea Morales, MD

As she shifts to get more comfortable, Aga stirs beside her. She wonder how she found someone that is so ridiculously, inhumanly good looking man —she's definitely, one lucky woman. Ugh, ang guapo talaga! He always say to her you saved me, I owe you my life but she remembers, prior to meeting Aga, she was lost and afraid to love again after Thomas broke her life. She let her heart die and stopped believing in true love. But, she never knew that there will be a man that will bring her back to believing in true love again.

She never knew it was Aga.

Aga, one of her patients, came in her life in the most uncommon and tragic way —not romantic at all. The truth is, he was actually the one who saved her, found her, rescued her and gave meaning to her life  —he was the perfect remedy.

Her Mom used to always say to Lea her sirang-plaka phrase, when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. Aga, Sam and Eli are all those thousands of reasons as why she is smiling.

Aga raises his eyes and meets Lea's gaze, he lifts an eyebrow "What are you thinking about so hard this early in the morning?"

She snuggles closer to him "Reality. Responsibilities—demanding responsibilities"

"Are you pressured?"

"No" she breathes "Okay... yes? Uhmmm... no?" she shrugs "I don't know"

He chuckles "Let's make this new journey cool and easy. And I think it's possible"

She looks at him earnestly in the eyes"What do you want me to do as your wife? What else satisfies you?"

"Hey? I think you already know that I require nothing. You know I just want you... you to be you"

"I still want to be a Doc, I want to work"

"Pinagbabawalan ba kita?"

"But you've witnessed how demanding it was. Okay lang noon kasi I can decide for my own, I can work 24-30 hours straight but now it's different because andyan ka na, maghihintay ka na for me... dalawa na tayo"