The Monster Inside

As I walked I got angrier with every step I took. Of course my dad would be a part of this. Did my mom know? Did my uncles? Who knew and didn't want me too. This isn't the first time they decided to hind things from me. I'm sure it won't be the last. I walked into the main room and he wasn't there. I went to Agent Hill and said, "Where is my father?" I tried to sound calm, but I know I didn't. When she didn't speak I played my card. "Maria! You didn't tell me, so I think you kind of owe me here. Where is he?" I said. She sighed and pointed down the hallway.

"He went that way about 10 minutes ago," she said. I didn't apologize or say thank you. I hated being lied too. My parents knew it considering they did it to me. I walked and felt bad for anyone who got in my way. I had to calm down or else I would use my powers, but I couldn't I just got angrier thinking about every conversation we had about it. Who knows what power I would use. No one needed to know what they were. I would be locked up in a cell like Loki if anyone caught me. Fury might even authorize it. He would say I'm now a danger to society. I scoffed at my thoughts. I saw my parents sitting in a room. They were alone and just talking. I barged in and they looked alarmed. 

"Valeria honey, whats wrong?" My mom asks.

"You! How could you lie to me again? You said you didn't work here! What now you have more authority then me at my job! Who else knows dad? Who else knows what you did!?!?" I yell. My dad looked surprised. I don't think he realized I would find out. 

"Valeria, you need to calm down," He says.

"No I don't!" I yelled. I knew I did, but I couldn't and it scared me. He couldn't know that right now though. My mom looked between us.

"Valeria, calm down," my mother said. I was very angry. She didn't understand. It seemed like she knew, but in my state I would say a cat knew. Not realizing it a had picked up a scalpel from the box in the corner labeled "New lab equipment". 

"WHO ELSE KNEW!?!?!" I yelled. My father replied saying, "Valeria calm down!" His voice was louder to try and make me follow his order. All it did was upset me worse. "WHO KNEW!?!" I yelled again, but this time with more force. The scalpel went flying. My mother and I couldn't stop it. It hit my dad in the chest. 

"No!" My mother yelled. Tears in her eyes as my dad started falling unconscious. Who knew if he was alive or not. My mother was on the ground cradling my fathers head. When she looked up at me there was fear in her eyes. She was afraid of me. I now had tears on my face. My anger had subsided. I was now horrified at what I have done. I went to take a step closer.

"Get out! Stay away and leave!" My mother yelled. I stopped dead in my tracks. I finally did it. I pushed my mother to the edge where she hated me. I never wanted this. Why would I? She was one of the few who cared for me. I turned and under my breath said, "I'm a monster." I know she heard it. I ran out of the room. I needed to go somewhere they wouldn't find me. Anywhere I went they would find me. I went to the one person I knew wouldn't care. I went to where Loki's cell was. I had tears running down my face. Once I got into the room I tried to be quiet. Though I don't think sniffles can't be heard. He sat up and looked over where I was standing. 

"So-sor-sorry to in-intrude, but i-i- had to get aw-" My sentence was broke off my a sob escaping from me. I broke down. I am a monster. I'm no better then the man in that cell or the man who tried to kill my family. My family. I scoffed again at my thoughts. I don't think we can really be counted as a family.

"Whats wrong?" He asks. I go to say my usual line when he beats me to it. "And, do not say that it's none of my concern considering you keep ending up here," He says moving his arms around the room. I walked over to the cell and sunk down with my back to the glass. I sighed knowing no matter what I say he will use it against me. "Can we just be quiet," I whisper. I want to let my thoughts suffocate me. I hope they win and destroy me. I deserve it right now. If he dies I will never be able to live with myself and know that I ruined her happiness, Ben's best friend, Johnny's brother in-law, the great scientist, and my father. It's so foreign to think that with regret instead of anger. He was quiet for few minutes. In those minutes I felt worse and worse. Ben walked in, his face full of anger and disappointment. He walked a bit closer and stopped. I knew he wouldn't say whatever was on his mind.