Bye Bye Tesseract

3 years later

  "Agent Richards, take today off. We are just going to work with the tesseract today. You have been very helpful with it. Thank you," Fury said over the phone. I have been trying to figure out what the tesseract is for a few days now. I have figured out a few things. If my parents were there I would have found out more. I thanked Fury for the day off and then hung up. I have been working at S.H.E.I.L.D. for about 3 years now. I ranked up pretty quickly. I decided to go visit my mom and dad since I have nothing else to do today. Once I got there I saw my Uncle Johnny's car in front of the Baxter Building. The Baxter Building is tall, but no where near like the Stark building. I got out of the elevator to see my mom yelling at her brother. 

"When are you going to grow up Johnny!" My mom and uncle had talks like this when he screws up.

"What did you do this time Uncle Johnny?" I asked while smirking. They both turned in my direction. My mom's upset face turned a little brighter when she saw me.

"Usual, Valeria. Your mom is just angry because it was her friend," He said. My mom gave him a glare before walking toward me. "Hey sweetheart. I thought you worked at S.H.E.I.L.D. today?" She asked. I nodded my head yes then said, "Fury wanted me to take the day off. Though I'm pretty sure it was just so they could do experiments I wouldn't authorize yet. They seem risky, but he is the man in charge and I don't always listen." My uncle chuckled and walked over.

"Well, it looks like she got the Storm family stubbornness and recklessness huh, sis," my uncle said. My mom gave him a be quiet look then said, "Or, she is just spending way to much time with you. I was never like that Johnny." He nodded his head in agreement.

"You are stubborn Sue. You aren't reckless like Johnny though, you do have a little reckless in you," my dad said entering the room. My mom shook her head and smiled at me. "I think that they should listen if you are saying it's still to risky. You have been working hard these few days on it," she said. We sat and watched a movie because it was the only way to get my uncle to be quiet and my mom to stop glaring at him. The movie was almost over when my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked.

"Agent Richards, we need you to meet us at S.H.E.I.L.D. and you have to be very careful," Agent Coulson said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"The tesseract has been stolen. We will tell you more when you get here, but you have to hurry. We may need you to go get someone for us," Agent Coulson replied. I agreed to come and promised I would hurry. I apologized to my family for leaving, but once i said it was S.H.E.I.L.D. my dad said I should go quickly.

~~~~~~~~

"He calls himself Loki. His brother is Thor, who we cannot reach. He took the tesseract and he has a few agents. Including Erik Selvig and Clint Barton. I have to go call the council right now. Coulson, you know what to do," Fury said. Coulson told me that they decided to call the Avengers. I was going to go get Tony Stark,  Agent Coulson was getting Steve Rogers, and Natasha Romanoff was going to get Bruce Banner. I went to go get Tony while Coulson called Natasha to tell her to get Bruce.

Once, I got to stark tower it was darker out. I walked into the building and asked for Mr.Stark. 

"He doesn't want any visitors sorry," the woman at the desk said. I said thank you and hated what I had to do now. I walked into the woman's restroom and took my clothes off and made myself invisible. My parents had made my clothes go invisible when I was little and starting school. They said it was in case Victor came to get me. I left the restroom and went around the desk where the woman was. I was NOT going upstairs to get Tony Stark naked. I grabbed her coffee cup when she was back playing solitaire on her computer and threw it. She turned seeing it fall a few feet from the door. She got up and looked around. I went over to the cup and kicked it farther. She went walking over to it. I ran to the restroom and grabbed my clothes then ran to the elevator. I quickly got dressed inside then stopped being invisible. The elevator opened just in time. I saw Pepper Potts and Tony Stark with glasses coming toward the elevator. 

"I said no visitors so how did you get in?" Tony asked. I smirked then replied, "I work at S.H.E.I.L.D. and have a few tricks up my sleeve, but thats not why I'm here. I held up the device that Agent Coulson gave me for Tony. After playing switch with the glasses of champagne Pepper was looking at the device and its contents. 

"The tesseract has been stolen by a guy named Loki and we need you to come to S.H.E.I.L.D. now," I said.

"Question, why were you sent? Don't they usually send people I know and aren't the fond of?" Tony asked.

"Usually those are the only people willing. But I have dealt with hot heads before and am use to it," I replied. Pepper chuckled and Tony didn't seemed pleased that I called him a hot head. "Look, I would let you sit and think about it, but we need to start now. This is very important Mr.Stark. If you are with us come to S.H.E.I.L.D. tomorrow at 8 a.m. alright?" I asked. he nodded and then I let myself out. 

The next day Tony came and Natasha had Dr.Banner and Steve Rogers with her. Agent Coulson looked star struck. We went inside the aircraft and Natasha made a joke to Dr.Banner and Mr.Rogers that it may be a little hard to breathe. Once we were inside they tried to start planning. 

After awhile they had a plan. It was helpful the knew where Loki was. It wasn't very hard considering he apparently had killed someone in 5 minutes of being at a public event. The Avengers went to go get him. Agent Hill walked over to where I was. "When Loki gets here Fury, Coulson, and I think you should help interrogate him. We also think you and Steve Rogers should discuss the tesseract considering yo both have seen it and you have been studying it," She told me. I nodded my head yes and said, "Alright, and do you think Clint and Erik will be with him?"

"I don't know. It all depends on what he was even doing there," She said. Once she left I starting zoning out again, not realizing it. My parents and uncles should be here helping them. They were suppose to be apart of the Avengers, but Fury doesn't think we need them right now. I feel like it's my fault they aren't here. My parents are amazing scientist and they have saved this city too. They did it before Tony Stark and Thor. Though, Steve Rogers was the first real super hero. I was still deep in  thought when Agent Coulson was tapping my shoulder.

"Hello? Agent Richards we have Loki now and Thor is here. he is going to help us," Agent Coulson said. I got up and followed him to the room where the Avengers sat. "This is Agent Richards and she is the one who has been studying the tesseract with Erik Selvig," said Agent Coulson. Agent Coulson said he needed to go see if Fury was done talking to Loki and would be right back and then left us to talk. 

"So, you are a agent here," said Tony.

"You didn't trust me?" I asked. He shrugged. Natasha smiled at me then said, "You weren't working the night they got taken were you?" I didn't even think about that. Other than Agent Coulson, Agent Hill, Fury, and my family Natasha and Clint were the only others who knew about my powers. "No I wasn't Fury didn't want me in that day," I told her. She slowly nodded her head. "Valeria, sorry," She said. we both knew that she just accused me of letting our friend get taken. I said it was fine and the men in the room all seemed confused.

"Agent Richards, did the tesseract do anything while you studied it?" asked Dr.Banner.

"Please call me Valeria, all of you. It didn't do much, but it decided when it wanted us to see something or not," I replied. I hated being called Agent Richards, but the rest of the agents would only call me that unless we were not at work. So, when I got to choose what someone called me it was always just my name. We still didn't have the tesseract, but we did have Loki that was worth something.

Just then Agent Hill came in and said "Agent Richards, we are ready for you to talk to Loki are you?"

Still moving slow sorry. Next chapter she meets Loki and I will most likely have a Loki POV.