night terrors ❁ j.m

liked by jackaverymusic and 149,679 others jonahmarais wishing I could help change things

jonahmarais wishing I could help change things

*****

You whimper the air thinning around you, the light flicking besides you perched on the wooden bedside table. Your phone was slumped onto your chest and the slight creak of the door grew louder till slams echoed the room the thundering, shaking the walls in triumph. Your body trembled the sheets tightening around you as your grasp on them got tighter and tighter. A few books fell from the shelf freely their covers flinging open among the papers with black ink.
Stop it you thought go away, this isn't real.
A banging of the window pushed its way through the chaos, you bit your lip scared of the events coming for you, the taste of blood dripping into your mouth, sweat running down your forehead. Peaking up over the sheets, a figure held his hand to the glass his face covered by a thick, gas mask with robes of ebony.
No no no not tonight.
A crow rose besides him peaking hard onto the window creeping a shiver up my spine.
Where's Jonah
My breathing was sucking all the air out and not feeding any in, my chest collapsing. The glass smashing caught my attention, the speed of the person or thing walking like lighting across the floor.

Jonah's P.O.V:

She whimpered and moved, her body's heat moving again from my side. Opening my eyes sharply I noticed her beautiful face scrunched up in fear or pain and her hair sprawled in multiple directions.

"Not again baby." I sighed grabbing onto her freezing cold hands that had been slicked with nude nail polish. I just wished she'd told me earlier before it got worst. The terrors scrambling over her head, like she was here in reality but instead asleep dreaming. Her breathing slowed gently, my eyes dripping heavy again.

An hour or two passed before my head turned over against the bare bed. The bathroom light was off, where was she? The sleep rested in my eyes as I crouched over the bed stumbling for my phone's torch. Flashing it's light through the room I saw the pillow thrown across the room and the door open unlike how we kept it. My heart leapt about her health I needed ask her.

Third Person P.O.V:

Jonah crept down the hallways of the Why Don't we hallways looking for his favourite person but he couldn't find her anywhere he scanned each room and tried to keep his eyelids above his eyes. It wasn't until he sat on the bench basically asleep, head in hands did he hear her soft whimper. Jolting up he opened the pantry to find her hot, sweaty and shivering on the floor. He grabbed onto (y/n) but she hardly woke up.

The men were moving into the houses and she could hear them from the bedroom. Jonah didn't stir when she shook him violently, a smash of the window stopped her as the ugly bird flew in making her throw the pillow in defence which did help as it flapped upwards away but turned flying directly at the girl.

"No no no. Jonah!" She screamed but he hardly moved as she jumped over him and ran out the door which she had never opened so quickly in your life. She ran down the stairs looking for a way out to safety. But no where is safe anymore.

She heard the crunch of their boots as she made it into the kitchen, living area. Thoughts were flying through her head as she ran around trying to hide till she slouched down into the food pantry hoping they wouldn't find her. Sweat rolled down her body making her feel disgusting but she shivered against the stone cold walls.

She kept moving whispering but she wouldn't wake up. He tried shaking her till he thought he was going to break her, he tipped water on her gently but her hardly woke up anymore. It wasn't until he placed a kiss on her did she open her eyes seeing the world was not how she'd just seen it, her boyfriend kneeling in front of her.

"I'm sorry, this is why I don't want to stay over I'm crazy!" She cried tears flowing down her face but he just hushed her bringing her closer to his bare chest. She did always reject his request to stay the night and she'd only stayed a few times. She had never wanted to tell him that she suffered from nightmares, pathetic he would think.

"How long has this been happening?" He softly whispered into her ear

"Nearly 2 years..." he sniffled placing his head in the crook of her neck.

"Night terrors" she whispered again into his ear making his spin shiver.

_______________
🦇

Inspired by one of the episodes in teen wolf! If you know comment because I'd love to discuss the show some more! Xx

Sorry it's not very good