Chapter 103

I shut my eyes tight, trying to pretend to be asleep. As I continue to keep my eyes closed, I hear the person walk over and open the fridge and grab something before I hear Skylar say goodnight to us. She goes back into her room and leaves the door cracked. I continue to sit there, trying not to cry. Suddenly, Reyna wakes up scared and looks around.

"What? What's wrong?" I whisper.

Reyna looks at me, close to tears, "I had a bad dream"

"Reyna it's fine. I'm here. Come here, give me a hug." I say, wrapping my arms around her.

I begin to feel tears go down her cheek as she hugs me.

"Where's Sky?" She sniffles.

"In her room. But I'm here for you. It's okay, I won't let anyone hurt you okay?" I say.

She nods slowly. As we lay in bed, I still hear her sniffling.

"Are you feeling better?" I whisper.

"No" She whispers, "I'm still scared.."

"It's okay we're safe. No one's gonna hurt us." I reply.

She begins to cry harder as I try to calm her down, "Here pet Pablo he'll make you feel better. It's okay Reyna."

Reyna pets Pablo for a few minutes before standing up and walking into Skylars room. I sigh, rubbing my face as she opens the door and runs to her.

Adym's Pov

As I'm editing my song, I see Reyna run into Skylars arms, crying. I take off my headphones as Skylar sits up talks to her.

"Reyna are you okay? What's wrong?" She asks, setting her on her lap.

"I had a bad dream" She mumbles.

"It's okay" she soothes, "I'm here for you. It's alright, I won't let anything happen. Besides, Adym's here to protect us."

Reyna looks at me and I smile, "Everything's okay."

Skylar lays on her side with Reyna in her arms, "Why don't you try and go back to sleep? I'll be right here to protect you."

Reyna nods and tries to go back to sleep. I watch as Skylar calms her down. Slowly, they both fall asleep. I continue to edit my song for a little bit before I take a shower and go to bed.

Next Morning// Skylar's Pov

My alarm goes off at 7:30 letting me know I need to get the kids out of bed. I yawn as I sit up and begin waking Reyna up. She opens her eyes and yawns.

"Let's be quiet so we don't wake Adym and Sawyer up but go wake up your brother and sister." I say, standing up.

Reyna stretches and goes into the living room. She shakes Riley and whispers for her to get up. Riley rolls over and sits up, stretching. I wake Jordan up but he won't get up.

"Come on Jordan let's go. You need to get dressed and have breakfast before class begins." I whisper.

He lifts his blanket up to cover his head and hits me in tbe face in the process.

"Jordan come on get up." I say again.

I peel back the covers and pick Jordan up and stand him on his feet. He rubs his eyes before walking over to the table in sit down. All the kids want is cereal so I begin making their cereal one by one. As Jordan sits half asleep waiting for his cereal, Riley's in the bathroom changing and brushing her hair. Reyna walks out of the other bathroom dressed and sits at the table.

"Jordan go get dressed." She says, looking at him.

Jordan remains in the same position, "I will."

"Now." Reyna says.

"Leave me alone Reyna." Jordan yawns.

"Jordan stop being annoying and get dressed or your class." She says.

"It's online class" Jordan says, still half asleep.

"Fine." She sighs, "Be late."

"It's okay" I say, handing Jordan his cereal, "He'll be ready."

Jordan turns and sticks his tongue out at Reyna.

Reyna sighs eyes, "Jordan stop sticking tour tongue out at me!"

Jordan does it again and says, "You're not the boss of me."

"Okay you guys" I say, handing Reyna her cereal, "Come on I know it's early in the morning and you guys are still tired but Adym and Sawyer are still asleep. Adym has a hard time sleeping So can we please be quiet?"

As they both say sorry and begin eating, Riley walks out of the bathroom and throws her hair into a ponytail. Once they finish eating, Jordan gets dressed and Riley gets their laptops for class.

"Okay since the boys are sleeping maybe you can go to class downstairs in one of the private offices?" I say.

Riley nods and packs up the laptops while I grab their coats. They put on their sweatshirts and coats and I walk with them downstairs to a private office for everyone living here. They sit down and begin listening to their teachers using headphones. Their class shouldn't last long. They go through their classes quick so it should only take about 2 or 3 hours. I sit their for a few minutes before getting a text from their mom.

Auntie: Hey how are the kids?

Sky: Good class just begun for them.

Auntie: Okay well we have court in a few hours and I'll let you know if anything needs to change.

Sky: okay

Later that Day

The kids class finished and now we're sitting outside while they get rid of some energy. As I sit on one of the benches, I look at Riley who has her head down.

"Riley, are you okay?"

Tbc...