My hand stings when I look over my palm. Did I go overboard by slapping him the second time? No, of course not, my subconscious throws and I suppose this is the only time she is correct and I’m agreeing to her. Everything is a mess around me and I crying like a grouchy child won’t get me anywhere.

I soon look around my surroundings and I realize I’ve come quite far without notice. The houses by the street look different as they are colored in rich white paints, other than the colorful houses lined next to our hotel. There are a few tourists I can tell by merely looking at their clothes. But then again, if I look at myself they will assume I’m one of those wild people who were partying all night. I need to get out of this dress as it now holds some memories I would do anything to erase. The way he removed it off me is still fresh in my mind and suddenly, I don’t like this dress anymore. I need a distraction now. I can’t just walk around doing nothing. There is no way I’m going back to that room, not now at least. I’m a loser when it comes to keeping a considerable space between us and I’m not ruining that anymore. I’m not ready to face him again.

I really need to buy some clothes, at least now because I can’t last in this black dress for another week and a half. Shivers run down my spine when realization hits me that I will have to spend few another nights with him and it is panicking enough.

I walk a few more miles and I realize it is the same place where Lisa got us for practice. I’m certain there are shops around so I make my way through the growing lot of people, gently pushing a few to make some way. Within minutes, I find myself in front of some boutiques and I’m grateful.

I enter one of the initial shops and the sudden smell of sandalwood invades my smell sense. The fragrance is lingering around and for no reason, I feel calm. I skip through few of the clothes hung on the hangers and I see most of them are beach wears. Since I’m left with no option, I pick up a few long dresses which are covered with floral designs all over them. The colors are not loud and I go try each one on. One of them is a blue knee length soft cotton dress which doesn’t have a deep neck, unlike the black one I’m currently wearing, but is just too comfortable and hides most of the essentials. The other two I picked are similar except the broad borderline and the color which is different for every dress. I pay the old lady behind the cashier who gives me a small smile after I hand her the dresses.

“They’re lovely,” She tells me about the dresses I selected. Her accent is different and I can tell her first language isn’t English, obviously. “Your husband is going to love them.” She tells me and my eyes widen. How does she know? Maybe because I still have my engagement ring on, maybe.

“Thank you.” I say weakly, not sure how to comment on the other sentence.

“This is a real sign of love, young love. But make sure you cover it.” She giggles like a school girl and I’m confused. What is she talking about? Her already small eyes crinkle and she gives me a warm smile, I can tell she is suppressing her chuckles. Wait, why is she laughing? I give her a faint smile; still trying to figure what is she laughing at. Do I have something funny on my face? My hands instantly move over my face, finding the reason of her reaction. She quietly points on her neck, gesturing me to check mine. My fingers tremble as I feel the side of my neck, a small bump growing at one of my sides.

No…

No! It can’t be what I think it is.

She laughs again and bends behind, picking out a small mirror from her purse. She hands it to me and I look at myself nervously.

A small red spot sits on my neck, slowly turning a shade darker. I gasp in horror, making the mirror fall on the counter; lucky for me it doesn’t break. I remember Liam slowly sucking at my skin after nibbling it and I don’t know how it went unnoticed by me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I need a concealer right now, too. This day can’t go worse already. I push my hair on the side of the hickey and try to hide it; a vague attempt obviously. It’s big enough and I’m afraid if a concealer can’t hide it, too.