Chapter Twenty Seven- Joanna Joins The Lost

"Cas!" Dean yelled, eyes wide. Sam dropped his fork as Sherlock leapt from the table and examined where their friend had been stood.

"Scorch marks," he muttered. "In concentric circles. Most likely a teleport of some sort. Circles could be where the energy radiated. Not vaporised- there'd be an afterimage on the wall."

"Sherlock?" John asked, awaiting the verdict.

"Not dead. Taken," the detective decided. There was a visible air of relief in the room, but it was still overpowered by a tense worry. Dean's heart felt like it was made of lead. He'd lost so many people- Mary John, Bobby, Charlie, Jo, Ellen... the list goes on. He couldn't lose Cas too. They were like brothers. He dropped his head in his hands, nearly missing  Jay's words.

"Wait, where's Joanna?" she gasped. She leapt from her chair and ran out of the room. "Joanna! Where are you? We need your help! Joanna? Joanna?" Henry stood up to follow her, eyes wide with an intangible fear, but Dean grabbed him as he hurried past.

"It's okay, kid," he murmured. This seemed to soothe the boy, if only slightly.

"What's happening? I'm scared..." his last words were quiet, almost as if he were ashamed, and Dean felt his heart constrict. Henry crawled into Dean's lap, clinging to his shirt. The hunter glanced at Sam, silently telling him to go find Jay. He nodded and hurried after her. Sherlock was still examining where Cas was stood, John inputting every so often. Dean sighed.

"It's okay to be scared, kid. Just as long as it doesn't stop you functioning. When I was a kid and my dad took me on hunts, I was scared outta my mind. But I learned that, as long as you have people around you, you don't have to be scared. Because you're only scared when you're alone, vulnerable. And you're not alone, kid. We'll look after you." Dean glanced down, smiling slightly when Henry let out a soft snore.

_________________________________________

"Joanna!" Jay sprinted through the halls of the bunker. The moment Cas had disappeared her necklace had throbbed, warning her of powerful magic. It was a simple necklace- a black chain with a single red pendant hanging off it. The pendant was a teardrop ruby, gifted to her by witch that she'd saved. The witch had only been recently trained, and Jay had taken pity on her. In return, the witch gave her the necklace. Joanna had similar... intuitions... as the necklace, so a sickening dread had settled on her stomach. What if Joanna was taken too?

She turned the corner, running at full speed, and crashed into someone. Someone big. She screamed, stepping back and throwing a punch. It connected, the man before her letting out a grunt as he stumbled back, rubbing his jaw. Jay's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! Sam!" she exclaimed, hands over her mouth. "I am so sorry!" The hunter smiled weakly, waving off her concerns.

"I'm fine, Jay. You've got a good punch," he laughed. Jay nodded, eyes darting past Sam.

"You didn't happen to see Joanna, did you?" she asked, glancing at Sam hopefully. He sighed. Jay nodded again, this time sadly. Her lip trembled as she struggled to hold back tears. A single tear shone on her cheek as she lost the fight.

"She's gone!" she cried, letting out a sob. Sam pulled her against him holding her and murmuring sympathies as she sobbed.

"It's okay," he said softly. Jay sniffed, brushing her hair behind her ears and resting her head against Sam's chest- she was too short to reach his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled into his shirt. "You must be worried about Cas and I'm just stood here crying like a... like a..." Sam shook his head.

Jay?" The younger hunter pulled back to look up at him.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

She grinned, shoving him playfully in the shoulder. Her hazel eyes were ringed with red and still watery, but they were shining with determination.

"We're going to find them," she said earnestly. "I promise."

A/N: yay! Another chapter! I was thinking of shipping Jay with another character. Comment what ship you want to happen, and I'll see if it should happen. If you don't want her shipped, comment that too. I'm kind of just making filler chapters. Important stuff to happen in the next one, don't worry! Please don't forget to comment, vote etc. Love you guys xxx