Chapter Ten- Circle Time

John opened his eyes, the dull lamplight blinding him after the darkness of sleep. He rubbed his eyes, the fog clearing as his eyes as he sat up and inspected his surroundings.

His bed was in the centre of the room. The plain walls were whitewashed, adorned only by a small painting of a sunset. Wooden bedside tables sat on either side of the bed, lamps on both. Memories of the night before flooded back.

Dean punched Sherlock, anger burning in his eyes. Sherlock staggered back, hand pressed against his bloody nose as Sam restrained his brother. John sprinted to Sherlock's side.

"Sherlock!" he handed his friend a tissue but Sherlock waved him away.

"I'm fine, John," the detective snapped. He wiped away the blood, smearing it across his face. He focused a stony glare on Dean. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you're a stuck up prick who needs to be taught a lesson!" the hunter growled.

"Dean! This isn't helping anyone!" Sam pulled his brother away. Dean shrugged Sam off, turning to storm into his bedroom.

"Dean's a little... sensitive when it comes to our life story," Sam had explained. John understood, hauling Sherlock to his room and locking him inside, then retiring to his own room next door. Sherlock had pounded on the wall, demanding to be let out.

"Let me out! I'm not a convict! John! John!"

"John!" the ex army medic snapped to attention, hand automatically reaching for his gun. Sherlock rolled his eyes. "Are you quite finished? We have a case!" John stood up, stretching. He frowned.

"I locked you in your room. How did you get out?" he asked, puzzled. Sherlock looked disgusted.

"You think a lock that simple would stop me?" he answered, clearly offended. John laughed.

"Guess not. Let's go find some food, I'm starving!" John grabbed his gun, sliding it into the waistband of his jeans.

As they entered the main room, the conversation fell silent and the three heads turned towards them. In his peripherals, John saw Sherlock adjust his tie, a nervous gesture that only John would recognise. Sam smiled reassuringly.

"Why don't you come get something to eat?" he offered, gesturing to the range of food on the table. John sat at the table gratefully, but Sherlock remained standing.

"Sherlock, aren't you coming to join us?" the Doctor enquired. Sherlock shook his head.

"I'm not hungry," he answered stoically. Then, with prompting from John, "Thank you." Dean raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you eat, freak?" he spat contemptuously. Sam sucked in a breath and the Doctor frowned. John glanced at Sherlock, but his friend remained emotionless. He raised an eyebrow.

"I eat when it's necessary. Thank you for your concern," Sherlock replied, sitting down. "I'll have a cup of tea, though." John smiled slightly. Sam cleared his throat.

"We know each other, but if we work together I think we need to know each other," he suggested. The Doctor nodded.

"Good idea!" he grinned. He waved. "Hi. I'm the Doctor. Just the Doctor. I like to go round and help people, save the world, etc." John raised an eyebrow and glanced at Sherlock. His friend nodded. Truth.

"Uh, hi," Sam looked uncomfortable. "I'm Sam. I'm Dean's little brother, like Sherlock said. Dean and I hunt and, like the Doctor, help people." Sherlock nodded again. Truth.

"I'm Dean. Like Sam said, we hunt. We hunt the supernatural. Werewolves, vampires, demons... Basically, you name it, we hunt it. We've beaten the Apocalypse, Lucifer, leviathans. All sorts. So, yeah. That's us," Dean trailed off. John nearly laughed. Lucifer? Vampires? He glanced at Sherlock, and frowned at his friend's bewildered expression. He turned towards John and nodded. Truth.

"Er... I'm John. I'm an ex army medic. I served in Afghanistan till I was wounded and had to come home. I moved in with Sherlock, and started solving crimes with him. I blog too, about our cases. That's me. Not nearly as interesting as you lot," John smiled, and the Doctor laughed slightly. Four pairs of eyes turned to Sherlock.

"If you expect me to spill my life story, then I'm sorry to disappoint you," Sherlock stated. "Now, if you've finished with circle time, we have a case to solve!"

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I ran out of mobile data :'( I'm here now though. Hope you enjoy. Please vote, comment etc. Love you guys 💙💙💙