Chapter Fourteen- Playing the Part

Dean looked up as Sam reentered the room, this time with Sherlock and John in tow. Sherlock looked terrible, eyes down and shivering, refusing to make eye contact. Dean almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.

They sat at the table, and Sam gestured at everyone. "Tell them what you told me."

Sherlock took a shaky breath. "I... err... my sister, she..." he broke off, taking a mouthful of the water John handed him, and started again. "When I was little, my best friend was... murdered. He was drowned." Dean had a sinking feeling in his stomach. He thought he knew where this was going.

"I blocked it from my memory, but recent... events... have led me to remember. My sister, Eurus, she murdered him. But her eyes... they were... black," Sherlock looked exhausted, and John looked resigned. Something had definitely happened there. Dean made a mental note to ask them about it later.

"She never told anyone where his... body... was. The next day, two men came to our house. They said they were government officials, but their... er... their briefcases had this funny symbol on it, like lots of triangles in a circle. They spoke to her in private, and then I saw this... this black smoke. She wasn't evil anymore, but she hasn't been the same since," Sherlock finished. Dean nodded. "We used to play pirates, you know? I called him Redbeard. I managed to convince myself he was a... my childhood dog."

"I'm so sorry, Sherlock," the Doctor smiled sadly. Sherlock shrugged tiredly.

"It was a long time ago," he replied. "I don't really think about him anymore." Dean saw John frown out of the corner of his eye, confused- he knew that Sherlock still thought about him. Dean looked at Sam, and their eyes met, understanding passing between them.

"Deus," they muttered, and Sherlock flinched. Dean drew the demon knife and held it to Sherlock's throat while Sam produced a flask of holy water. John's eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" he yelled. Sherlock laughed, his eyes flicking to black. John leapt back, shock written across his face.

"Clever Winchesters," Sherlock smiled. "I played him well though, didn't I?"

A/N: another chapter for you lovely bunch. What do you think? Love to hear from you! Vote, comment etc. Love you guys! xxx