Chapter Six- Enter Mr Holmes

"Boring... boring... boring... obvious... boring..." Sherlock scrolled through cases on his laptop, trying to find something of interest. John pulled out a newspaper, sinking gratefully into his chair with a steaming cup of tea.

"You know, you could always take a break," he suggested to his roommate. "You know, go on holiday?" Sherlock turned off the laptop, rolling his eyes and standing up.

"Why would I do that?" he snapped, sorting through the letters on the mantle. John sipped his tea, wincing as the hot liquid burned his tongue.

"I don't know, to try a new case? Go somewhere new? Get out of the flat?" he answered, gesturing at their small apartment.

"And where would I go?" Sherlock picked up a handgun, examining it. John shrugged.

"I don't know..." he caught sight of an article in the newspaper, quickly reading it. "How about America?"

"America. Is. Boring," Sherlock enunciated each word with a gunshot, the yellow smiley face on the wall gaining more bullet holes. John jumped, spilling his tea.

"Bloody hell," he muttered, setting the mug on a side table and using the newspaper to mop up the spillage. He sighed.

"I was reading an article in 'World News'. Apparently a woman was murdered inside a locked apartment. No evidence except for traces of sulfur. Also, it says an old-fashioned police box was seen at the time of the crime, and two FBI agents disappeared while examining the scene. The agents turned out to be fakes," he explained. Sherlock raised an eyebrow.

"That sounds... Interesting," he decided. "John, pack your bags. We're going to America."

A/N: Hey guys! What do you think? I know it's quite a short chapter, but this was really just to explain why they're going to America. Please comment! I've not had any so far, and it would mean a lot to me if someone did. Feel free to be brutally honest, as long as it's constructive criticism. Love you guys 💘💘💘