Chapter Twenty- Hello Mum

"They'll be fine," John sighed, slouching into a chair.

"Are you sure?" Dean demanded. John nodded and Dean's shoulders slumped in relief. Sam smiled. The others looked relieved.

"So, what happened?" Meg asked. "I mean, it's not every day you come back to... that."

"It looked like Castiel had been... tortured. Like someone wanted information," Amara mused. The Doctor turned slightly green.

"Torture?" he repeated, eyes darting round the room. Chuck looked sympathetic, but the others just rolled their eyes. "What do you reckon they wanted to know? And who's 'they'?" Sam frowned.

"There aren't a lot of people it could be. Hardly anyone knows we're here. Only you lot, Mum, Crowley, Rowena, the British Men of Letters and Lucifer," he counted on his fingers.

"Who?" John asked, looking confused.

"Crowley is the King of Hell, Rowena is his witch mother, the Men of Letters are basically evil James Bonds, and Lucifer is fairly obvious," Dean explained. John's face dropped and the Doctor looked mildly confused.

"Crowley wouldn't go after Cas though, and neither would Rowena," Sam muttered. Dean scoffed.

"Yeah, cause they're so trustworthy," he sniggered. Sam rolled his eyes.

"No, Cas is an advantage. He's an angel. He knows a lot of stuff. And people. They need to keep him as an ally," Sam reasoned.

"Well that just leaves the British Men of Letters and-"

"Lucifer," Chuck cut Dean off, a saddened look in his eyes. "But why would he do this?"

"It's Lucifer! The literal devil. You're asking why he'd hurt someone?" John asked, incredulous.

"What about these Men of Letters people? What motive would they have to hurt someone?" the Doctor inquired.

"They're psychopaths," a female voice answered from behind them. They spun round, guns raised.

"Mum!" Dean grinned. "What are you doing here?" Mary shrugged.

"Do I need a reason to visit my  children?" she smiled. The Winchesters hugged, the mood lightning slightly. "Now, who are your friends? And why are you talking about the Men of Letters?"

"Oh... er... I'm John. John Watson," the medic held his hand out, and Mary shook it, smiling warmly.

"I'm Chuck, and this is my sister, Amara," God gestured. Mary's eyes widened.

"You're... as in... oh... err... it's a pleasure to meet you," she stuttered. Amara examined her closely.

"So you are Mary Winchester," she murmured. Mary looked unnerved.

"I'm the Doctor," the timelord grinned, looking for all the world like a madman. Mary tore her gaze from Amara, focusing instead on the Doctor.

"What a peculiar name," she commented. The Doctor just smiled. Meg waved.

"I'm Meg," she stated. Mary cocked her head to the side.

"Castiel's Meg?" she confirmed. Meg blushed and looked down. Mary smiled slightly. "Well it's lovely to meet you all, but what's the Men of Letters got to do with any of this?" Dean looked down.

"We think they might have attacked Cas, and John's friend, Sherlock," he explained. Mary gasped.

"Is he okay?" she asked, concern lacing her words.

"John did very well. He's a doctor," Meg answered. "He thinks they'll both be fine." Mary nodded, biting her lip.

"This... Sherlock," she said cautiously. "Would he happen to be Sherlock Holmes?" John frowned.

"Do you know him?" he demanded. Mary shook her head.

"No, no. I know his brother," she replied. John laughed.

"You know Mycroft? Poor you!" he sniggered. "How do you know him?" Mary hesitated.

"Because I've worked with him," she grimaced.

"What do you mean?" Dean pressed. Mary sighed.

"Mycroft Homes is a British Man of Letters."

A/N: haha! Plot twist! Whatcha think? I'd love to hear from you. Yes, you! No, this isn't generic. I'm talking to you!

Requests are still open. Just comment below. Love you guys xxxxx