Chapter Five- Doctor What?

There were a few moments of awkward silence as Sam and Dean looked unimpressed.

"Doctor what?" Sam asked eventually, lowering his gun slightly. The Doctor sighed.

"I prefer Doctor Who," the Doctor muttered, "but never mind. It's just the Doctor."

"Just the Doctor?" Dean repeated. "Cause that doesn't sound shady or anything. Now, what are you?" The 'Doctor' frowned.

"How did you know I'm not human?" he suddenly looked stern.

"What, you live in a flying blue box and appear at murders and expect us to believe you're human? Oh, and did I mention that your box has a frigging house inside it?" Dean answered, gesturing with the gun.

"I mean you no harm. The girl who was murdered, her name was Martha Smith. She was a... friend... of mine. Her husband Mickey said she was in trouble. I was too late. I couldn't save her..." The Doctor looked down, closing his eyes to keep his face impassive. Sam and Dean shared a glance before clicking the safety on and tucking their guns back in their jeans.

"Don't ask me why, but I believe you. Seriously, though. What are you?" Sam trained the Doctor with an unwavering gaze. The Doctor sighed.

"I'm a Time Lord. A Gallifreyan," he said.

"Is that supposed to mean something? What is that, a cult? What?" Dean asked

"I'm an... alien," the Doctor replied. The two hunters kept a straight face for a second or two, before doubling over with laughter. The Doctor looked startled.

"That's... new. No one's ever laughed before," he watched curiously.

"You're a... a..." Dean shook his head, incapable of speaking as fits of laughter racked his body. Sam straightened, brushing away a tear.

"Everyone knows aliens aren't real," he wheezed, gasping for air. "And even if you are, what do you do? Probe people?" There was a strangled noise as Dean started laughing anew.

"I most certainly do not!" The Doctor looked offended. "If you want proof, fine. Check my heart. I have two."

Sam rolled his eyes, disbelieving. He placed a hand over where a human heart would be. He then moved his hand, and the laughter left his face. He retracted his hand, retreating a few steps.

"Dean..." He said quietly. "He has two hearts." Dean straightened, his laughter forgotten.

"Seriously?" he stared at Sam as he nodded in confirmation. Dean sighed. "And I thought I'd seen it all."

A/N: Hey guys. What do you think? I'm not too sure on it, so if you have issues please tell me so I can correct it. Sherlock next chapter. I promise! Sorry to all Martha lovers! Don't forget to comment and vote. Love you guys 💝💝💝