Chapter 6

Hello everyone. Huge apologies from the bottom of my heart for the delay in updating this story. I had a bit of a block and lost my way for a little while. I hope you will forgive me. Anyway, I think I've worked my way through it now and here is the results of it. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will update more promptly next time.

****

It’s been just over five months since my Henry encounter. See? I knew it would all blow over. My life is back to how it was before he made a rude re-entry into my life and that’s exactly how I want it. The best news was finding out Nancy was pregnant. Two weeks ago she dropped the bombshell.

In school I always secretly hoped we would have babies together. It wasn’t something I actively voiced but in the back of my mind it was there. Now that it’s happening I’m so damn excited.

So everything is good, just how it should be. Then why is it I have a sense of doom hanging over my head? I’ve only just woken up, I’m in that semi-conscious state just after waking, but it was the first thing I felt. Something certainly doesn’t feel right this morning.

“Mummy, Mummy.”

Before I have a chance to fully wake up a big lump lands on top of me. I open my tired eyes and look into a pair of large, blue orbs. Lachlan is grinning at me and bouncing up and down on my stomach, making me feel slightly queasy. Any concerns I had seconds earlier are gone. How can I be worried about anything when I have such an adorable son?

“Mummy wake,” he cries in glee, wrapping his arms around my neck and giving me a big sloppy kiss on the cheek.

How could I not be awake when a big lump lands on me?

Wrapping my arms around him, I give him a big squeeze and a blow raspberry on his cheek. He bursts into giggles and tries to pull away but I have a tight grip on him.

“Let go Mummy,” he cries.

While still holding on to him, I sit in an upright position. “Now why would I let you go?” I ask as I tickle him in the ribs.

He continues to squirm and squeal the more I tickle him. “Plane.”

I stop tickling and look him in square in the eyes. “You wake me up and now you want to go play with your airplane?”

Lachlan nods enthusiastically and tries to squirm free.

“Well, I think this means,” Lachlan starts giggling uncontrollably as my fingers slowly inch toward his ribs, “another tickle.”

“No,” he cries with a giggle as my fingers dig in and I tickle him again.

“Now what’s going on here?” a voice from the doorway asks.

I look up and see Sam standing there with a tray. One lock of his hair has fallen over his right eye and all he’s dressed in is a pair of track pants and a t-shirt. Somehow this is a total turn on and my stomach flutters at the sight. I subconsciously lick my lips.

Lachlan, apparently sensing my distraction, writhes free from my grip and runs out of the room, narrowly avoiding Sam.

“Lachie woke me up by jumping on me,” I explain as Sam approaches with the tray.

“I told him to wake you,” Sam explains as he sits on the side of the bed, placing the tray on my lap. “I didn’t tell him to jump on you, just so you know.”

I look down and notice Sam has cooked me a full English breakfast. My stomach grumbles in agreement as the smells invade my nostrils. Bacon, poached eggs, beans, mushrooms, fried tomatoes and hash browns. The perfect breakfast.