Chapter 32

Hello! Here it is, the second to last chapter. Eek! I can't believe the end is nearly here! I hope you enjoy.

Please note, this chapter is super duper long AND it has mild sexual content. So read at your own risk.

Anyway, without further adieu enjoy the next chapter.

***

"I can't believe it," Nancy says, her eyes never leaving Sam. Then she turns to me and grins, pulling me into a tight embrace. "Em, I'm so happy for you." She pulls away and her eyes are shining, proof that she's genuinely happy.

We're at Mum and Dad's. I called Nancy and Jason to come around also and Simon picked up Dani on the way home. Everyone is in Mum and Dad's lounge room in a state of shock. Sam is in the middle, Lachlan refusing to move and clinging to his leg, with everyone else surrounding him, blasting question after question after question. I'm still too giddy at the thought that he's here to care. He keeps throwing me desperate glances for help but I pretend not to notice.

"Me too," I say, looping my arm through Nancy's and leading her to the sofa. We sit then I add, "It's sunk in but whenever I see him I get that usual feeling of surprise. The novelty hasn't worn off I suppose. I just wish it never happened. So many things could have been prevented." I sigh and let my shoulders drop. It's still so hard to forget about the last few weeks of torture.

"Hey," Nancy grabs my hand and I turn to look at her, "that's all in the past now. I've started seeing a psychiatrist and she always tells me that there's no point in dwelling on things that have happened. It's done and now it's time to move on. I'm trying really hard to do that and you need to as well."

I look at my best friend and smile. When we talked at the hospital that time, she was still so fragile but finally on a road to recovery. Today, it's like I have my best friend back again. We have both changed so much, we are not who we were back in high school. Our friendship has changed but if anything we're much closer now than we were. I'm so proud of how far she's come in such a short time and I know that's a lot to do with Jason.

Glancing across at him, I see him talking to Sam along with my Dad and Simon. Mum and Dani have just left, probably to get a celebratory drink or something. Jason is a brother to me now and I could never imagine him not in my life. He and Nancy are going strong again and her depressive days are as good as over. Things are getting better and I couldn't be happier. It's like today is a new day in general. It's not just Sam's return but everyone seems happier and full of life.

Remembering I hadn't replied to Nancy I quickly say, "I am trying. Because it's still new it's a lot harder but I'm sure in a few days it will calm down. I hope."

"Oh it will, I'm sure it will." She opens her mouth to say something then stops. Finally she shakes her head then says, "Em, there's something I need to talk to you about. It's a proposal of sorts. I think after everything, this could be a good thing to consider but," she shakes her head, "I should just cut to it." She turns so she's directly facing me, tucking one leg under the other. Her eyes light up then as she says, "Jason and I are moving back to London!"

She claps her hands together in glee and I can see how excited she is. My heart drops though and this reminds me of the time after our graduation, when Nancy told me she was moving with her parents. Oh god. Not again. After all we've been through, I really don't want to lose her again. It would be-

Wait, didn't she say she had a proposal? I raise an eyebrow. "Before I react, tell me what the proposal is."

Nancy laughs then grabs both of my hands. "Why don't you and Sam move with us?"