The Freshman loves the Sophomore (2)

Later, when Laura and her family were getting ready to leave, there was a knock on our front door.
Dad got it this time.
Mom stood at the door. She looked drunk. "Let me in!" She said shoving her way past Dad.
"Debby!" Dad tried grabbing her arm and turning her around so they could talk. "Come here!"
Mom swung around. "What?!"
Laura, Carson, Samantha, Bryson, and I watched them fight from a corner in the sitting room.
Bob and Amelia, Laura and Carson's parents, came over to us kids and talked.
"Sophie, do you want to come over to our house and bring Samantha and Bryson for a little while so your parents can talk?" Amelia asked.
I looked over at Mom and Dad. This could take a while.
"Um, sure. Thanks." I replied.
"Come on then." Bob said.
I picked up Samantha who was almost falling asleep. We all followed Amelia and Bob out the door. Bryson and Laura were right behind me. Carson was lagging behind. He was playing some dumb game on his phone.
Once we got to Laura and Carson's house right next door, I laid Samantha on the couch and went into the living room with Carson, Bryson, and Laura.
"What was going on with Mom and Dad?" Bryson asked me.
"Fighting... just like usual when Mom comes home drunk." I said in an annoyed tone.
Bryson nodded. "Right..."
"I'm sorry, guys."Laura said sweetly.
"It's ok." I said. "I'm used to it. I’m not sure how Bryson and Samantha are.”
“I’m fine too.” Bryson barked at me. He sure was becoming a moody teenager. “Samantha doesn’t really understand what’s going on though.”
Carson was playing a game on his phone now. "That must suck though- all that screaming and yelling."
Bryson and I nodded. "Yeah."
Amelia walked into the living room. "I saw Samantha asleep on the couch." She said. "She looks so sweet."
"I know! She’s so precious!" I laughed. "I wish she was sweet all the time. She gets into so much trouble though!
Amelia laughed. "That's how you and Carson were when you were little. You two worked together against me and your mother."
"Oh, yeah, I remember that!" I smiled. "When we got time outs and were separated in preschool I remember I cried and cried and cried!"
"Really?" Carson asked, not remembering the event.
"Yes!" Amelia shouted. "Sophie, your mother didn't know what to do! She was so worried that you would stay a trouble maker like that."
I laughed. "Well, I'm good now." I said. "And I don't miss Carson."
Carson stared at me. "Whatever. I know you love me!"
"Do not!" I yelled. "You so love me!"
"No... no... no!" Carson shook his head.
Amelia got up and left the room. "I'll call your dad in a little bit."
Laura giggled. "You two are so meant to be!"
"What?!" Carson and I exclaimed.
She laughed again. "You're so perfect for each other!" Laura repeated. "You've been friends forever and I can totally see the magic."
I shook my head.
Carson just laughed.
"Carson, you should just ask Sophie out right now." Laura suggested. "It's better late than never."
"No way!" He exclaimed. "Sophie's more of a sister than girlfriend material."
I nodded in agreement. "There's no way I would say yes to Carson."
"You'll come around, girl." Laura said laughing.
About an hour later, Bryson, Samantha, and I went home.
Dad called the cops on Mom and she was arrested. It was a big ordeal but everything was taken care of before we got home.
I put Samantha to bed and then said good night to Dad.
Then I went into my room and Bryson was waiting there for me.
"Sophie?" He said. He was sitting on my desk chair spinning around.
"Stay still, Bryson!” I exclaimed. “Anyways, what?”
He took a breath. "I'm worried."
I looked at him confused. "About...?"
"Mom." Bryson said as if it was obvious. "I want her home and alcohol free."
"She'll come home." I replied. “Don’t worry.”
Bryson hugged me. "I just want things to be normal again." He said. "Nothing is normal anymore." Bryson paused. "You’re becoming our mother."
"Is that bad?" I asked feeling a little offended.
He shrugged. "No, you’re actually here for us every day."
"Good." I said with a smile. "Go to sleep now." I demanded. "We all have school in the morning."
"OK, night, sis." Bryson got up and walked out of my room.
Then I lied down on my bed and fell asleep.