Zach - Perfect

QOTD: Are you an Army?

You ever can just sit for hours with someone and talk forever and ever? No awkwardness, no silence. It's conversation after conversation, ones that make you laugh and ones that make you cry. Ones that make you cringe and the other making you angry and happy at the same time.

Those kind of people are so rare, yet so beautiful to keep by. And for those out there who hasn't found their talker yet, good luck. But thank god, Because you found yours, and his name is Zach Herron.

It didn't start that way. Most friendships never do.

You were 5, coloring in your coloring book, wearing tutus, having your hair up in ponytails, wearing fake jewelry and feeling like a real princess. The small smile on your face remained glued on as the joy of coloring outside the lines filled you.

The sunlight was pouring in the kitchen, and the steam on the stove made it slightly warm as your mom ran about trying to cook for her husband and only daughter.

"Honey!"

Your dad's voice cut through your concentration and you perk up, feeling your ponytails wag.

"What? I'm busy." Your mom said, standing still for once with a hand on her hips and the other supporting her on the stove.

"The new neighbors are here!"

Something perked up in your mom and she slightly jumped as she smiled. "Okay honey, lets go say hi!" She said and bent over to place you on her hips.

You were never good at meeting new people, so you bit your fingers in return, keeping quiet as your mom stepped outside, where you can see your father give you both a smile as he finally wiped the grease of his hands and stepped to both of you.

He placed a hand on your mother's hip and the 3 of you guys proceeded to make your way down the yard and towards the once empty house across from yours. There, you can see a giant van painted red and white, with some words on it you couldn't quite pronounce. Some grown ups were walking around, and you slightly panicked at how big and strong they seem.

"Excuse me," your mother called out, catching another woman's attention. She gave you guys a small small and mentioned for a man to come, and younger boy, who seemed to be your age. "Hello!" The woman said and reached over to shake your parents hands.

"We're your new neighbors, and just wanted to introduce ourselves! My name is y/m/n and my husband y/d/n, and our little girl Y/n." She said, pointing down to you where you shyly stepped away.

The neighbors smiled and nodded their head. "I'm Myta, this is my husband Josh and our little boy Zach."

Your parents chuckled as Zach's cheeks also redden at the sight of the attention on him. Soon enough the parents were engaged in a small conversation about being able to help out with moving in process, and you awkwardly stood there, leaning back and forth.

Zach stuck a finger in his mouth and grasped his mother's hand, also rocking back and forth. Occasionally you would look at each other and casually look away, shy and scared.

After about 15 minutes of the conversation, your parents bid Zach's parents goodbye, and you looked over at Zach who took his hand out of his mouth and waved at you, his cheeks lifted up and he showed you a small smile. Confused at his new confident, you smiled too and waved back. That's how this friendship started.

"Where are we going? You do know this is dangerous right Zach?"

"Just relax, we're almost there."

You sigh and trusted Zach as he led you, blindfolded, outside and down a very steep hill. His hands were grasping your hand and hip tightly as if you were gonna fall, and if he wasn't, you were sure you would've.

Finally, as if god has answers your prayers, the ground beneath went straight again and you sigh as Zach slowly let go of you. "

"Great. Now I'm dizzy." You said, smiling as you heard chuckling.

You bit your lip from blushing at his laugh, ''tis a chuckle you heard for years now, yet it still makes you smile.

"Wait here a sec Y/n, I'll be back."

Before you could respond, his footsteps slowly rise up as he walked by and you and slowly faded as he walked away. You sigh realizing that you still had the blindfold on. You could've easily take it off, but you didn't want to ruin the surprise. Especially when Zach said it's a night to "remember."

You smoothed our your dress, which you happily put on, a mini black dress, v-neck and trailed down to your mid-thighs. It was now making you quite uncomfortable as you stood still, in the middle of a...field?

A loud sound interrupted your thoughts and you could see the outline of a white light at the bottom of the blindfold. It was dark before, did Zach turned on the lights?

"Okay!"

You heard him run up to you. "Goodness that took awhile, here."

He came up from behind you and slowly but painfully took off the blindfold.

You were certainly in a empty field. But not a dark one. Gold, white fairy lights lined up the entire frame of the field, there were small lamps everywhere and some candles to show lights. In the middle of the field, there was a cement platform, big enough for you both to probably play a basketball game for.

The sun was going down and the sky was deep, hue blue, making the outline of field a beautiful fairyland. There was a table of food on the side of the platform, a picnic blanket, and a speaker. You didn't even realized the smile that crept into your face as you took everything in. It was beautiful, almost so perfect that it didn't look real.

"Zach..this..this is beautiful." You said, slowly walking up to the platform, and walking on it, your heels clicking the pavement were the only noise.

"The best for the best." He said. For the first time that night you turned to look at him and gave him a smile which he gladly returned.

Not wanting the night to end, you took the entire scenery before you all in once again, wanting to save the memory for as long as possible.

"Hey come on, I didn't spend Jonah's money on purpose, come dance with me angel." He said and held a hand out to you. You giggled and took it and let him dragged you to the middle of the pavement.

He took out his phone and played "Perfect" by Ed Sheeren on, the song he played when he asked you out for the first time. He held you in his arms and both of you swayed to the music as you enjoyed each other's comfort. Slowly, tears began to fall down your face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Zach said, gently pulling away to reveal your running makeup and you shook your head.

"Nothing, it's just..I love you." You said.

He chuckled and blushed, it was the first time he heard you said that and he smiled. "I love you too Y/n."

He leaned down to place a passionate kiss on your lips.

"Stop Zach, I'm a mess." You said swaying his face away.

He smiled and leaned down to whisper in your ear.

"No. You look perfect."

Answer: Yes I am, also a I-GOT7, Blink, Once, and so much more!

Did you guys like the chapter?