Why - Jonah

QOTD: Do you fit any of the boy's ideal type in the lyrics of Trust Fund Baby?

"Can you at least try?"

"Nah, it's just not my thing Y/n."

You playfully pouted and proceeded to beg your boyfriend to try and read. And he, being and anti-reader, just chuckles at your silliness and moves away.

"You're so silly." He mentioned, reaching over to pinch your cheek, in which you flinched and swatted his hand away. "Shut up."

Enough begging today, you flipped yourself back onto your back and proceeded to finish reading the novel you had in your hand. Jonah chuckled and leaned over, making the bed you both were resting on, slowly dipped, and you groan at the new feeling of uncomfortableness. "Can you let me read in peace?"

He shrugged before shaking his head. "You didn't let me rest in peace with all of your begging me to read."

Touché.

You smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Sorry Jonah, now bye." Leaning up to head towards the living room where you can read your book in peace, he grabbed your elbow and pulled you back to bed.

"At least nap with me boo."

He snuggled his head into your neck and you smiled at how warm he felt and how comfortable. You briefly glanced at the clock on the nightstand of your bed, "I don't take naps after 12pm babe." You said, gently pushing him away.

"What? After 12 is the perfect time to take a nap." He replied, leaning up and sitting beside you.

You shook your head and quickly pecked his lips. "Have a nice nap."

"It's better because you can see all the lights!" You said, jumping around your boyfriend as he proceeded to walk in a straight line. "New York is better during the day, when everything is more light and more alive." He said, looking around at the new buildings.

Having a pop star singer has its benefits, like dreaming of visiting the city that "never sleeps" came true because of Jonah. It was a perfect relationship. Ish.

"Whatever. What do you want to do?" You said, dodging people and linking your arms with his. He shrugged, "Let's go to a museum." He said, watching the buildings and posters on walls as you guys continued to walk the streets. "Well, how about the new restaurant? I heard they have good food." He said, after you rejected his museum.

Rejecting once again, you had a thought. "The local library!" You exclaimed. Of course. Jonah should've seen that coming.

"Okay, Fine."

It isn't a surprised that Jonah didn't like reading that much. But he will deal with it. He rather do much more fun and newer things. You had plenty of books back home, why read now? But he put on a smile and watched you skipped to the library.

You have to sacrificed stuff like this in a relationship. Right?

The more you thought about it, the more it made sense.

You and Jonah had nothing in common. Nothing.

No clothing style, no hobbies, no talents, no joy. Nothing. It was as if everything God had put in you, he put the opposite in Jonah. It was crazy.

It created some mishaps and bumps in your relationship. Lots of them. It always resulted in fights and arguing and insults.

It made you quite sad knowing that this great dude, who was sweet and nice, just wasn't right for you. The fact that it was true, made it even worse.

Even the boys saw it, the noticed it many times. The only people were blinded by love itself was you and Jonah. Which sucks. If you knew you were gonna get hurt, you would've never dated him in the first place. Doesn't anyone?

So here you are, packing. Ready to leave the only possible, comfortable home you lived in.

"It's for the best. You know I love you. Goddamn, I love you so much. I love you more than words can say and numbers can count. I love you more than the number of stars in the sky and the grain of sand in the ground. But it isn't enough, it isn't enough for me and you to work out. For me and you to stay together. You make me happy and you make me smile, you make a man. And for that I love you. Don't change. Be exactly who you are, if we're meant to be, we'll cross paths again, but for now, have a good life Y/n. I love you."

His words echoed through your head, and tears fell down your face as you drove away, into the cold, crisp air.

AOFTD: No, I don't. I'm quite sad. But whatever. I'm more of a "pink prom queen" I'm just more girly than they want. :(