88. Goodbye

"Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever.'" - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

Song : The other - Lauv 

***

The next day after returning from taking a bath at home and checking on their daughter, Hera walks into the room to the sight of Lexis smiling at a nurse helping him button his shirt.

He whispers something that causes the nurse to giggle and nod. 

Hera's eyes widen as she frowns eyes shooting daggers.

Glaring at both parties, she asks,

"Alexander your hand isn't broken, is it?" 

Lexis raises his eyes and glances at her raising an eyebrow, eyes filled with mirth.

"I don't know... is it?" He asks looking down at the nurse who had her head bent down a smile hidden beneath her eyes.

Hera's eyes contract wanting to slap the mirth form his face.

"I can assure you it will if you don't take two steps back," Hera says to which the nurse raises her head and glances at Hera.

"I was just helping with his buttons," She explains.

"I can see that, I can also see that you're done," Hera says a fake smile on her lips.

 Lexis chuckles.

"The jealous Miss has arrived, thank you," He whispers to the nurse winking.

He glances at Hera and quickly raises his hands taking two steps back.

The nurse smiles picking her stuff to leave, she places her hand behind her back giving Lexis a hidden thumbs up to which he grins.

Smiling at Hera who gives her a pointed cold look, she steps out.

"Hera Reynolds are you jealous?" Lexis asks when they're alone as he seats against the side of the bed.

"Jealous?" She says as she suddenly realizes the game he's playing.

"Why don't I call her back and go for my dinner appointment with E?" She asks smiling to which Lexis immediately frowns.

She chuckles.

"Careful Alexander, I know how to play too," She says to which he chuckles seating against the bed.

"Do you now?" He says voice filled with laughter as she walks over lightly tilting her head as if saying "try me".

"Who's going to help with my button now?" He says to which she rolls her eyes.

"You have hands, make use of it," She says dropping her bag beside the bed.

"Now where's the fun in that?" He asks leaning forward, he grabs her hand in his and pulls her between his legs.

Her eyes widen.

"Alexander!" She squeals trying to get away but he wraps his arm around her waist tightly.

"I love when you call me by my full name," He says staring into her eyes.

"Alexander," He says placing his fingers on her forehead running it down to her cheek, he places her hair behind her ears. Fingers faltering on her skin.

Hera feels her heartbeat increase as she draws in her lips with her teeth.

His eyes trail down from her eyes to her lips noticing the bite, he breaks into a grin.