48. Trust

Haley: "What is this?"
Nathan:
"It's the beginning."
Haley:
"Of what?"
Nathan:
"Of the way it's going to be from now on. I know it's going to take a lot more than dinner, but i figure it's a start right?"
Haley:
"I missed you."

Song: Feel this: Bethany Joy Lenz

***

Once Reid leaves, Lexis stays silent in thought. He remembers the note Alexander Wang had left in the box which he hadn't finished reading and places his hands in his suit pocket searching for the note to finish reading but finds nothing. He walks to his room and searches but finds nothing. He returns to his office and searches.

"What are you looking for?"Maeve asks stepping in to discuss the days dealings with him.

"The note Alexander Wang left in the box with the dress,"Lexis states.

"Note?"Maeve asks confused.

"Forget it," He says walking to his desk but halts.

"Actually..." He says  and pauses, his mind reeling.

"Alexander,"Maeve calls out.

"You said he had my fiancee's wedding dress sent to her dorm room at GSU five years back right?"He finally says making up his mind.

"Yes," Maeve replies.

"Find out the dorm name and room number it was to be sent to, also find out the name of the resident who lived in it five years back,"He says.

"You're suspecting it isn't Karen?"Maeve asks.

"When Reid heard I was engaged to Karen five years back his first reaction was to spit his drink out. Not regret at having lied to me but shock at who it was,"Lexis says.

"Maybe he was shocked you found out?"Maeve asks.

Lexis stays silent in thought.

"Maybe," Lexis says not fully convinced.

"I'll look into it but it might be hard to do as it involves privacy,"

"Hard not impossible right?"He replies

"There can be ways around getting the information,"Maeve states.

"Then get it,"Lexis says.

"Also, find out everything you can on a lawyer named Jess,"

"Jess what?"Maeve asks noting down the name.

"I don't know but she attended GSU five years back and is close to Hera,"

"Maybe ask Hera for her last name?"Maeve suggests.

He thinks about it for a second and shakes his head.

"No, that's her friend she won't agree to my looking into her,"Lexis says.

"That might take longer then as there might be thousands of Jess' that attended GSU,"Maeve explains.

He sits down.

"Nathan said she was close to someone he knew at GSU. Look into Nathan's time at GSU for a connection that'll limit the search,"He says to which Maeve nods.

He stays silent for a second.

"Regardless of how close she is to Hera why was her first reaction slapping Karen? How did she know who Karen was that she called her by her first name?"Lexis says closing his eyes and replaying it in his head.

"Maybe Hera told her?"Maeve suggests realizing this Jess was the lady who slapped Karen earlier.

Lexis shakes his head.