12. Stories

It's still Monday in my part of America....here's your second update, Deal completed lol!

Chapter 11&12  won't have any climax but instead it's aimed at getting you mad at Hera and if that happens, I have succeeded. Sometimes too much climax isn't good, but that's just me though.

"So you want me to tell you something about myself? I don’t have anything to say. Even if I did, you’d be wrong to believe me. Trust is a lie. Nobody ever knows anyone." - Nathan Scott One Tree Hill

Song: Halo Bethany Joy Lenz

***

The drive back is quiet, with Lexis' eyes shut as he taps his knees from the pinky finger to the index.

Maeve glances at him through the mirror.

"Maeve," He suddenly calls out.

"Yes," She answers turning to look at him.

"I met the daughter at the airport in England and now I meet the mum and daughter in my home. Do you believe in coincidences?" He asks.

"You're thinking it was planned?" Maeve asks.

"Planned?" He asks rhetorically.

He lets out a breath and opens his eyes.

"Plans, plans, plans...the little girl said something about that at the airport didn't she?" He says.

Maeve searches her memories for what she said.

"They were planning on coming to meet her dad in America," Maeve says.

Lexis raises his hands to his lips.

"Why would someone who should be reuniting with her father be in my house with no sign of her dad?" Lexis asks.

"Maybe he wasn't around when we came? Or they haven't met him yet?"Maeve asks.

"That's not it," Lexis answers and touches a piece of paper on the seat next to him.

He picks it up and hands it over to Maeve who looks at it.

"An application for Mixx? We've already held interviews. Hera Reynolds? Who's that?" She asks looking through it.

"The lady who was just in my house, that must be an extra copy," He says.

"How did you get this?" Maeve asks.

"It was on the table, I took it while we were leaving," He explains.

Maeve looks over the application again.

"I'll look into her," She says placing it amongst her files.

"Make sure she gets hired," He says not rejecting her offer to investigate Hera nor accepting it, shutting his eyes signalling the end of the discussion.

      Once they arrive at the office, Maeve opens the door for Lexis, he steps out and they walk towards the building.

"Alexander you bastard!" A female voice shouts out garnering their attention.

Lexis looks towards the sound and notices a lady walking towards him angrily.

"Jane?" He says and looks at Maeve. Maeve looks around, it was night time so the street wasn't busy.

The lady reaches Lexis and raises her hands to slap him but Maeve holds her hand in the air.

"Let me go! Alexander you bastard, you stole my dad's company's shares!" Jane says her voice filled with anger. Dried tears visible on her face.