40. Inflexible

Song: Without You - David Guetta ft Usher

Rachel: "I really screwed this up Mouth; I mean we were fighting, and I grabbed the wheel. I have to get out of here."
Mouth:
"You can't run away from this Rachel."
Rachel:
"He could die Mouth."
Mouth:
"Listen to me, you know how you said you were going to tell everyone you opened the time capsule and I said not to, that you should burry it? I was wrong. And until you face all the mistakes you've made. You'll never change."
Rachel:
"People don't change Mouth."
Mouth:
"But, they can, they just don't because it's easier not to. We're always waiting for our lives to begin, and like figuring we'll be someone else someday. But, after this accident, and losing Jimmy, and Keith; what are we waiting for? All we have is now, Rachel. Don't run from this." - One Tree Hill

Double updates! 

***

The next day Lexis steps into his office to the sight of Maeve arranging some documents on his desk.

"Good morning,"Maeve says.

"Morning,"He replies.

"Here's your schedule for the day,"She says handing him a tablet.

"Why are you giving this to me? Isn't that the duty of my secretary?"Lexis asks.

"She's still your secretary?"Maeve asks surprised.

"Did you fire her?"Lexis asks.

"No, but I thought you did,"Maeve says.

"When exactly did you hear me give or sign on such an order?"Lexis asks.

"I'm sorry,"Maeve says.

"Where's she?"Lexis asks.

"She's not here yet,"Maeve answers.

Lexis looks at his watch. He then glances at the door.

Maeve's eyes follow his actions.

"Tell the driver to drive up," Lexis says walking to the door.

"Where are we headed?"Maeve asks wondering if he was actually going to go drag Hera from her home.

"The hospital,"Lexis replies.

"Why? Are you okay?"Maeve asks relieved they weren't dragging Hera from her home - but worried he wasn't okay - as they step out of the office.

"I'm fine,"Lexis replies not offering any further explanation. Maeve doesn't ask knowing he didn't want to say anymore on it.

Once they step into the elevator Lexis turns to Maeve.

"Make sure her office is set up outside mine by the time I arrive, tell her not to come in till 9, I should be done by then,"Lexis says.

Maeve nods, they spend the rest of the trip down in silence.

Once the car arrives,they get in and Maeve gives the driver their destination.

"Will you be attending Senator Grahams Wedding Anniversary?" Maeve asks Lexis after they take off.

"When is it?" Lexis asks.

"Tonight,"Maeve replies handing him a tablet containing a picture of the senator and his wife.

"Isn't he a major John Smith advocate?"Lexis asks looking through the file on him on the tablet.

"Yes, he is the only senator who has publicly supported John Smith and his presidential run so far, but he is also one of the most influential in the Party and the house," Maeve says.