77. Like father

Last time on 234's lifelines;

After finding out the real reason Lexis sued Hera for custody, she has a falling out with Jess. Hera, E and Lexis meet at the daycare where Shakespeare is where we find out from Maeve that the real reason he got into an accident was because of her brother. Maeve tries to convince Hera to return to Lexis. Lexis bribes Shakespeare with Ice-cream to convince Hera to come over to his place with Shakespeare. Hera agrees to have Shakespeare spend the night with him but decides against showing up, only to appear at his office the last minute.

Song: Mercy - Shawn Mendes

****

"You... came," He says in surprise.

"I came," Hera replies breaking into a half unsure smile.

"Why?"Lexis asks.

"E,"  Hera calls out to Ethan. A few minutes after they'd driven out of the daycare leaving Shakespeare behind with Lexis.

"Mhmm?" He answers.

"It's not my fault," She says to which E's face creases not understanding.

"What's not your fault?" He asks.

"Alexander's accident. E it's not my fault," She says closing her lips with her two hands as her eyes well up with tears.

"It's not my fault," She says half laughing, half crying.

E places his hands against her hair and strokes it.

"What made you finally realize that?" He asks causing Hera to cry with more fervor, remembering all the years she'd spent blaming herself.

Sighing E draws her to his chest and strokes her hair to calm her down.

After she calms down and narrates her story to him, E smiles.

"So even if I didn't make that call that day, as long as those two were on the same paths at that time it would still have happened. I didn't cause his accident. E I really didn't cause his accident," She says.

"You really didn't," He confirms a smile on his face.

"I didn't," She says smiling.

"Does that make you feel better?" He asks.

She nods finally fully accepting it.

"So what do you plan on doing?"

"Huh?" She asks confused.

"You said you are not to blame for his accident. And know he doesn't blame you for your sons death but instead wants you back. So what do you plan on doing?" 

E had asked and somehow she had found herself asking him to bring her to Lexis' office, hence why she was currently here.

"Ice-Cweams!" Shakespeare screams in glee from inside the car a huge grin on her face as she jumps on the seat.

She knocks against the window reminding Lexis she was locked in.

He turns around and glances at her. He opens the door, she hurries down running to hug her mum.

"Where's E?" She asks looking around.

"Not here,"

"Why? Did you leave him alone? mummy that's not nice," Shakespeare says.

"Oh so now you know it's not nice yet you abandoned him for your father," Hera says grinning.

"Nooo I wanted E to come but daddy..."