49. SlapJack

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock (I have no idea why I chose this song lol)

"Robert Louis Stevenson wrote: 'you can not run away from weakness; you must fight it out... or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?'" - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

***

Hera's eyes widen in fear. Gosh what is this? Who else was back? She wonders in horror.

"You must be the secretary,"Reid says stopping in front of her.

She stays silent.

He pulls her in for a hug which makes her stiffen even more.

"Breath, I'm not exposing you," He says releasing her and breaking into a smile while Lexis frowns.

"I'd appreciate it if you stayed clear from hugging my secretary,"Lexis states.

"Geez Lexis are you by any chance jealous?"Reid asks smirking.

"Unlike you I realize how uncomfortable that makes her and have no intention to bear the cross of a sexual harassment lawsuit," Lexis says.

"Will you sue me?" Reid asks Hera who shakes her head in answer.

"See, all's good with the world,"Reid says smiling.

"You may leave,"Lexis says to Hera as Maeve walks in to report some things to Lexis.

Reid sneaks out and stands next to Hera whose eyes were shut with her hands on her chest.

"Hello Hera," Reid says shocking and scaring her by his close presence.

She takes a step back.

"So when are you free to talk?"He asks.

"Talk?"Hera asks believing she'd misheard.

"You want to talk?"

"Isn't that what people do when they meet someone who they haven't seen in years?"Reid asks.

"You're not asking me to disappear?"

"Disappear why would I...Oh Karen,"He says and frowns.

"No unlike Karen I'm not here to send you packing. Whatever happened five years ago was not your fault, plus you were as much a victim of our parents as was Lexis,"Reid says.

"Parents?" Hera asks.

"Look we can't talk here," He picks up a paper from her desk and writes his number.

"Call me when you're free,"Reid says handing her a note as Maeve steps out.

"Reid, He's asking for you,"Maeve says glancing at both of them.

Reid grins.

"Gosh Lexis I didn't know you couldn't stay a second without my being in your sight,"Reid says winking at Hera as he steps away. 

            The rest of the morning goes quietly with Reid leaving almost as soon as he had come claiming he had errands to run.

During her lunch break Hera  who was agitated, thinking all day heads out and places a call to Jamie.

"James, "Hera says voice unstable once he picks up.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asks his voice filled with worry.

"How soon can you send me the money for the tickets?"Hera asks.

"Why do you ask?"

"Reid is back and wants to talk," Hera says.