《Fifty Three》

It's been awhile.
~~~~~~~

Patrick was messing around on his computer, when he got a Skype call. Smiling when Gerard's face popped up on the screen. He could hear the giggles from Bandit in the background.

"Hello Gerard," Patrick greets, smiling at his friend. Gerard smiles back.

"Hey Patrick. How's tour life been?"

"Oh, It's been good. Had a run in with my uncle, but other than that it's been fine. How's Linds and Bandit been?" Gerard smiles.

"Oh, they're good. It's actually why I called. Bandit has been bugging me non-stop that she wants to talk to Skylar." Gerard looks off camera and chuckles. Patrick chuckles as well.

"Well, let me see if Skylar wants to." Patrick turns his head over to the couch, where Skylar and Aurora are playing the Wii again. "Hey, bud. Can you come here for a sec?"

"Yeah dad, hang on." Gerard smiles.

"I swear, they never put up a fight with you or Pete. Must be nice." Patrick shrugs. Skylar drops his remotes and walks over to his dad.

"What's up?"

"Would you like to speak to Bandit?" Skylar's eyes widen.

"Can I? Please?" Gerard and Patrick laugh.

"Of course you can. Let me grab Bandit." Gerard leans out of the screen. "Laby B! Come here and talk to your crush!"

"Dad, he is just a friend!" Bandit whines, walking up to the screen. Gerard smirks.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Have fun honey," Gerard leans down and kisses her on the cheek, ruffling her hair before walking away. Bandit whines, fixing her hair. Patrick smiles, patting Skylar's shoulder. 

"Call me when you two are finished." Patrick walks off, leaving the 11 year olds alone.

They just stare at each other, both of them blushing.

"So, how's it on the road?" Skylar smiles.

"It's been great. It's so much better being with my dads. Don't get me wrong, Nana is great and all, but me and 'Rora don't feel the same when they are gone. It's....it's almost like part of us is missing." Bandit smiles.

"Yeah, I would imagine it would be rough to not see your dads for months at a time." Skylar shakes his head, knowing Bandit wouldn't understand. "Plus, you get to practically skip school." Skylar and Bandit laugh.

"Yeah, but I still have a tone of homework to do."

"Yeah, I guess that would suck," Bandit says, her eyes trailing off the screen. She rolls her eyes. "Go away dad! Have you heard of personal space? Skylar could hear Gerard laugh faintly in the background.

"Your dad is so silly."

"Tell me about it," She mumbles, giggling a bit at the end. It was silent between the two, Bandit staring at her lap, and Skylar glancing at her. "I miss you, Sky."

Skylar smiles sadly. "I miss you too, B. Just 2 more months, then we can meet face to face." Bandit smiles at that.

"I can't wait." They both smile.

"Me either."

Patrick smiles at the two, knowing something will probably blossom at some point.