Chapter 22: Just for Tonight

After drying off, I had made my way to the kitchen to make dinner. Hayes and Gemma had come back at some point, and so had Will. While I was cooking, I heard the front door slam, and Will came to tell me that Nash went out and said "not to wait up". I had told Will I wouldn't, though I kind of knew it was a lie. I was in charge, after all, so I had to make sure he got in safe.

After we all had dinner - I woke Leon up to eat, and put him back to bed when he was done - I spent the evening in my room, not doing much. For whatever reason, I couldn't get Nash out of my head. And it was really fucking annoying. Why was I thinking about him? Why did I care where he was and what he was doing? Or who he may be doing...

"Oh my God, Jolie," I spoke aloud to myself, "Do not even go there. You don't give a shit, remember that."

When it was gone twelve, and Nash still wasn't home, I decided to just go to sleep. I was curled up under my covers on the brink of sleep, when I heard a banging noise somewhere in the house. I sat up abruptly and listened, and sure enough, I heard more noise. I hopped out of my bed and looked around, wondering what I should do. What if it's a burglar? Should I wake up Will? I can't take down a fucking burglar!, I thought, biting down on my lip hard, It's probably just a raccoon that got in the house. Yeah, that makes sense.

I slowly stepped out of my room, careful not to make a sound. Though, with all the noise the intruder was making, I doubted they'd hear me. As I made my way up the hall, I grabbed a candlestick from a table placed against the wall.

"Might come in handy," I whispered to myself, gripping the candlestick tightly. I stepped into the dark living room, and there was another loud crashing noise just a few feet from me. I took a deep breath, and flipped on the light switch. As light filled the room, I felt my shoulders relax and I groaned loudly.

"Nash, what the fuck are you doing?" I hissed, staring at his as he tried to lift himself off the coffee table. His actions were unsteady, and I narrowed my eyes at him. I dared to look around the room, and saw lots of the furniture knocked over.

"Oh my God, are you drunk?" I whisper-yelled, remembering there were people sleeping in the house. Nash stood up, rocking slightly, and looked at me.

"Yup," He said, popping the 'p', "Not as drunk as you were the other night, though. You were awful."

"I thought you were a fucking burglar, or a raccoon. You scared the shit out of me," I sighed, placing the candlestick on the coffee table. I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him. He was swaying back and forth on his feet, and his shoulders were slumped, making him look shorter than he really was

"Why would I be a raccoon?"

"Why are you drunk?" I asked, ignoring his stupid question. Nash frowned and crossed his arms.

"Because I want to be."

"Childish answer," I rolled my eyes and stepped towards him. He tensed up as I took hold of his arm. I had to admit, I wasn't totally comfortable with it either. But, he needed to get to bed.

"Come on, I'm bringing you to your room," I told him, and started leading him out of the room. He stumbled behind me, mumbling to himself the entire time. I honestly had no idea what he was saying. When we got to his room, I pushed open the door and released his arm.

"Get some sleep. I'm going to do the same," I sighed and turned towards my room, but stopped when I heard Nash's voice.

"Jo?" He whispered, and I glanced over my shoulder at him. He looked so vulnerable, and sad. I'd never seen him look like that before. And honestly, it was hard to be angry at him.

"What?" I asked quietly, watching his face.

"Can.. can I sleep with you tonight?" He asked, biting down on his lower lip, "Please? I mean, I know you hate me but.. I don't want to sleep alone."

In any other circumstance, I would have told him to fuck off. But right now, he was drunk, and seemed upset for some reason. And I felt sorry for him. I nodded slowly, then made my way into my bedroom. Nash followed behind me and closed the door.

"Keep to your side of the bed," I told him, as I crawled underneath the covers. I felt the bed dip beside me as Nash got in, and I squirmed slightly. He was a good distance from me, but I could still feel the heat radiating from his body. I felt somewhat uneasy.

After a few moments of silence, Nash spoke again.

"Jo?" He whispered, and I sighed deeply.

"What Nash?"

Instead of asking me something, I felt his hands slip around my waist and he pulled me close to his chest. I tensed up immediately, not comfortable with the sudden contact of his body on mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I just want to hold something," He mumbled, burying his face into my hair. I shivered at the contact, and squirmed in his arms.

"Well, hold a fucking pillow then!"

"A pillow isn't warm like you, and it doesn't smell of coconuts."

"What?"

"Coconuts. You always smell like coconuts. It's lovely."

I latched my hands onto his wrists, hoping to detach his arms from my body. But, he was too strong, and no matter how hard I pulled I couldn't get him to release me

"Oh my God, Jo, can you just relax for one night?" He grumbled against me, and I could feel his chest vibrate against my back as he spoke.

"What?" I asked, still trying to pry his arms from me.

"Just relax for one night. I'm not going to infect you with anything."

"I'm sorry I'm not overly keen on you holding my body in a death grip," I hissed, my voice coming off much more bitter than I intended.

"What? So you don't like being held?" Nash asked, and I felt him pull his head away from my hair, "You don't like someone wrapping their arms around you to keep you safe? You don't like feeling the warmth of someone else's body on yours?"

I was shocked by how sober and stern he suddenly sounded, and I dared not look back at him to see his expression.

"I'm not used to it," I admitted quietly, staring at the darkness in front of me. I felt Nash's head rest back against my hair, and my body seemed to relax as he sighed deeply into the back of my neck.

"I'm not used to it, either," He hummed, "Holding someone, I mean. But it's nice. I like it."

I didn't say it out loud, but I actually agreed with him. Once my body relaxed and I got over the fact it was him holding me, it felt quite lovely.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Nash," I murmured, and felt his arms tighten on my waist.

"Please, Jo," He whined, and I bit down on my lower lip, "Just for tonight, forget you hate me. Forget I've been a total ass to you. Forget we have this stupid bet. Forget everything else and just enjoy this. Please. Just for tonight."

"Okay," I sighed, letting my eyes droop closed, "Just for tonight."

"Just for tonight," Nash said in a hushed tone, and I could hear the smile in his voice. And with that, I drifted off with his voice whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Oh my God, guys, it's chapter 22! Now, I know it's been ages since I updated, but I was just taking a break this weekend and chilling out, since I started my exams last Wednesday.

What did you guys think of this chapter? I quite like it, to be honest. I find it really sweet. And look, Jo's learning how to not be a bitch! It's a miracle!

Anyway, if you enjoyed this then vote or whatever it is you do, an send me your feedback because I love to hear what you think of the story! Thanks lovelies!