Chapter 14: That's What's Wrong with Me

"Might wanna close your mouth, you’re drooling, " Nash spoke, and I tore my eyes away from his chest to look at his face.

"Shut up," I mumbled, but wiped my mouth nonetheless. I wasn’t actually drooling, thank God.

"Don’t worry, your reaction is perfectly normal," Nash smirked, "It’s usually the one I get from girls."

"Until you start speaking, and then girls just gag," I rolled my eyes.

"I do make girls gag, but not because of that.”

"Okay, you’re seriously disgusting," I said and tossed a pillow at him. He caught it and hugged to his chest.

"Why are you in here, Nash?" I asked when he didn’t speak.

"Because I want to be."

I closed my eyes and laid back down, “Okay, well I’m going back to sleep.”

I opened them again when I felt the bed shift below me. I looked over my shoulder, and Nash was kneeling beside me.

"Oh my God, go away!" I groaned, and shoved his chest. He didn’t move, though. He was staring down at his hands.

"You were flirting with Will earlier," He spoke, still not looking at me.

"So?" I sighed in response.

"I don’t like that," Nash looked at me now, and I gasped slightly at how dark his eyes looked, "Don’t do that again."

"It’s a free country," I said, turning away from him, "I can do whatever I want."

I almost screamed as Nash gripped my wrist tightly, and pulled me towards him so I was laying on my back. He leaned over me, our faces just centimetres apart, and spoke.

"You’re not allowed to flirt with my brother, Jo, understood?" His voice was soft, but I could feel the venom behind it. I kept my mouth shut and nodded. Nash moved away from me so he was sitting on the edge of my bed. I kept my eyes on him as he sat very still, and I let them roam over his back. It probably sounds ridiculous to say, but he had a very attractive back. It was the muscles that made it, I think. I shivered slightly when I realised what I was doing. I was checking out Nash’s back. And I was checking out his chest earlier. Ew.

Nash stood quickly and made his way to the door. He opened it, but before he left he looked back at me and smirked, “Sleep tight, Jo.”

I watched as the door closed, then pulled the duvet back over my head. I really was going to hate this Spring Break.

~~

I woke up late the next day, and was greeted by the sun shining in through the floor-to-ceiling windows of my room. I groaned and jumped out of the bed, and made my way into the bathroom. I had a long shower, and after that I hopped out, dried and straightened my hair. I then changed into a black and white tribal print tie back halter top, faded black frayed shorts, and a pair of white vans. I threw on a dark grey beanie, and put on a little bit of makeup before walking out of my room. 

I headed up the hall and into the kitchen, where my mom and Nila were both sitting at a small breakfast table.

"Morning, sweetie," My mom spoke, "Or afternoon, should I say."

"Yeah, I slept in," I mumbled, "Sorry."

"Oh, don’t be sorry, you weren’t feeling well," Nila smiled at me.

"Honey, what’s that?"

I looked to where my mom was pointing and gasped. The bruise on my thigh, the one Nash gave me.. IT WAS FUCKING HUGE! 

"Is that a bruise?" She asked, "How the hell did you get that? It’s awful!"

"Um," I bit my lip trying to think of something, "I uh.. walked into a dresser last night, while I was on my way to the bathroom."

"You walked into a dresser?" My mom raised her eyebrows at me, unconvinced.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I couldn’t see where I was going. I should have turned on a light or something."

My mother opened her mouth to say something, but decided against it and closed it again. She just nodded and I sat down with them.

"You hungry?" Nila asked and I shook my head, “Oh, sweetie, are you still feeling sick?”

"Maybe," I shrugged, unsure of what else to say.

"I’m afraid I don’t have anything here, but there’s a store in town where you can get some medicine," Nila said, and I looked at her.

"Yeah, maybe I should go get something," I said, standing up, "Mom, can I have the keys to the car?"

"No," She shook her head.

"Why not?"

"I’m not letting you go by yourself," She said, standing up to meet me. She leaned close to me so only I could hear her, "I’m sorry but I don’t trust you right now."

I frowned and stepped away from her, “Well then what am I supposed to do?”

"I’ll get one of the boys to drive you," Nila suggested, and stood up. I went to protest, but she left the room before I could. Please don’t be Nash, please don’t be Nash, I thought. But, of course, Nash walked into the kitchen.

"Come on, I want to make this quick," He mumbled to me and I sighed. I said bye to my mom and Nila, and followed him out of the house.

"Who’s car are we taking?" I asked, and looked as he went to go stand beside his jeep. I hadn’t even noticed it there yesterday.

"Hop in," He grinned and jumped into the jeep. I quickly got into the passenger side, and stayed silent as he pulled out of the drive and we headed into town.

"You know what," Nash spoke after a few minutes of silence, "This is great."

I cocked an eyebrow and looked at him, “It is?”

"Yeah," He nodded, "I mean, you’re not going to win the bet, so you won’t be getting my car, but you get to spend time in it anyways."

I rolled my eyes as he smirked, and turned to stare out the window. There was more silence before Nash spoke again.

"Okay, I was expecting some sarcastic comment from you after that. What’s wrong?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at him. He looked totally oblivious. The idiot.

"You want to know what’s wrong with me, Nash?" I asked and he nodded, "Well, first off, I got myself stuck in a stupid bet with this jerk who said that if I lose, I have to sleep with him. And then, just because I happen to be winning the bet, he goes and tells my parents that I’m having an affair with my teacher. Of course, my parents believed him and threatened to report my teacher - who had done nothing wrong - which could have gotten him fired. And after convincing them not to report him, they decide to punish me by not letting me spend Spring Break with my friendsNo, instead I have to spend it with my family, and the asshole who told my parents I’m a slut who fucks her teachers. So there, that’s what’s wrong with me.”

I had started yelling somewhere in my rant, but didn’t notice when. I sat back in my seat as Nash opened and closed his mouth, unable to think of something to say.

"I, uh," Nash mumbled, and I glanced at him, "I didn’t know you’d get in so much trouble."

"Fuck off, Nash," I rolled my eyes, "You knew exactly what you were doing. But I guess I should be congratulating you, because you got just what you wanted.”

Nash stopped the jeep, and I looked to see we were parked outside the store. He turned to me to say something, but I raised my hand to stop him.

"Just leave it, Nash. I don’t want to hear it."

And with that, I hopped out of the jeep and made my way into the store.