Chapter 2: Hot Teacher Alert

Nash strode into the room, with a big grin plastered on his face as the majority of the class stared at him. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my books, I didn’t need to be dealing with an egotistical moron today. Of course, with my luck, he still spoke to me.

"Hey there, Jo, long time no see."

I frowned as I looked up at him. He knew I hated that nickname; Jo. My name was Jolie, not Jo. If my parents had wanted to call me Jo, they would have done that.

"Could have been longer," I smiled back at him as he sat down at the desk behind me. I wasn’t going to just show him I was annoyed by his actions, I was going to fight back. Like I always did.

"C’mon, Jo, just admit you missed me," Nash said, poking me in the back.

"When hell freezes over," I retorted, and looked ahead of me as one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen entered the classroom.

"Hello everyone, sorry I’m late," He spoke, placing some papers and a briefcase on the desk, "My name is Mr Edwards, and I’ll be teaching you for the remainder of the school year."

I tried keeping myself composed, but there was no denying what I and every other girl in this room was thinking; Hot teacher alert! Prepare for involuntary drooling and uncontrollable swooning.

I zoned out from what he was saying, and just stared at him. He had chocolate brown hair, that was styled just right, and some neatly trimmed stubble that delicately traced his jawline and upper lip. I couldn’t see his eyes very well from where I was sitting, but I knew they had to be beautiful.

"I’m going to be giving you all a sheet that details everything we will be studying for the rest of year," Mr Edwards spoke as he walked around the classroom, handing everyone a sheet.

As he neared my table, I did something so very cliché that even I hated myself for it. I leaned my chin on my hand, and with my elbow knocked one of my pens off the desk, out in front of Mr Edwards. He swiftly picked it up, and handed it back to me.

"I believe you dropped this, Ms—"

"Jolie," I told him, "As in, Angelina."

"Jolie," He smiled some and nodded, handed me one of the sheets, then continued around the room.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and a moment later Nash’s voice whispered, “You’re drooling.”

"Fuck off, Grier," I hissed back, still watching Mr Edwards. He walked back to the top of the class, and then began to discuss all the topics listed on the sheet, not that I paid much attention to it.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of class, I gathered up my things and made my way up to Mr Edwards desk.

"Hi," I smiled at him, "Me again."

"Ah, Jolie," He smiled back, "How can I help you?"

"Well," I spoke, pulling some sheets from my binder, "I did some English work for Ms Lehmann over the break, but since she’s not here, I was wondering if you would grade it for me?"

It wasn’t much of an excuse to talk to him, as I did actually do English work for Ms Lehmann, but it worked. We were talking.

"Of course," Mr Edwards took the sheets from me, "Ms Lehmann actually left me a note about you."

"She did?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes, she said you were a fantastic student, and how all your essays were 'phenomenal',” He said, smiling some as he glanced over the sheets.

"If there’s one word that could some up our Jo, it’d be phenomenal," Nash’s voice boomed from behind me, and I groaned internally.

"Well, I’ll be sure to grade this soon and get them back to you," Mr Edwards smiled at me. I nodded and left the class, with Nash hot on my heels.

Please tell me you do not,” Nash said as we walked up the hall. Though, why he was walking with me, I didn’t know.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, not even bothering to look at him.

"Mr Edwards, you have a crush on him."

"So?" I shrugged, not denying it.

"There’s plenty of boys here at school to like. You don’t need to crush on a teacher," Nash told me, and I rolled my eyes. Why did he care who I crushed on?

"You’re right. There is plenty of boys here at school,” I stopped walking and turned to him, “But I’m more interested in men.”

"Well, it doesn’t matter anyways," Nash went on, "It’s not like you can do anything about it."

"Can’t I?" I asked, and began walking again. Nash was still talking from behind me, but I didn’t want to hear it. I zig-zagged my way through the halls to get away from him.

Though Nash and I rarely spoke, he knew what I was thinking. And what I was thinking was probably insane. But, there was no going back now. Once I made my mind up, there was very little that could change it.

Operation “Subdue the Substitute” was in play.