Chapter 15: Who's up for a Party?

I made my way into the store as fast as possible. I didn’t want to talk to Nash right now. Hell, I didn’t even want to look at him. I stopped for a moment when I realised, I didn’t actually need anything. Coming to the store was just an excuse to get out of the house.

Feeling the way I was, I decided to get something that would help me to calm down. That something was ice cream. I started heading towards the aisle with the ice cream, but stopped for a moment in the alcohol aisle.

"If only I was twenty-one," I mumbled to myself, eyeing up a bottle of vodka.

"I’m assuming you don’t have a fake ID with you."

I jumped slightly and turned to whoever spoke to me. A tall, blonde guy was smiling down at me, amused at my reaction.

"Sorry. Didn’t mean to startle you," He chuckled, and I stood up straight.

"It’s fine," I shrugged, "And no, I don’t have a fake ID with me."

"First mistake of Spring Break," The guy said, reaching around me to grab the bottle of vodka, "Is forgetting your ID."

I nodded in response, then let my eyes roam over his body. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt, but you could clearly tell that beneath it he had a rather toned body. He also had on a pair of board shorts and some vans. He was good looking, sure. But I wasn’t wowed by him.

"My name’s Kyle, by the way," He spoke again and I looked back at his face.

"I’m Jolie,” I said, smiling some.

“Jolie,” He nodded, “Pretty name for a pretty girl.”

I almost felt like rolling my eyes at the line, but refrained from doing so. It was sweet that he was hitting on me. And, not gonna lie, it felt nice.

Before I could thank him for the compliment, I heard Nash calling my name from behind me. I sighed and glanced over my shoulder as he came to stand beside me.

“Jolie, I was looking for you everywhere,” He said, not noticing Kyle.

"I’ve only been here five minutes Nash, no need to panic," I rolled my eyes, and Kyle laughed. Nash suddenly looked at Kyle and frowned.

"Who’s this?" He asked, sounding irritated all of a sudden.

"Nash, this is Kyle," I said, smiling at Kyle, "Kyle, this is Nash."

Kyle nodded his head in a 'sup bro fashion, but Nash only continued to frown at him. We all turned as two guys called Kyle’s name from down the aisle.

"I should probably get going," Kyle spoke, then turned back to me, "But, before I go, I was wondering if you want to come to a party we’re having tonight?"

"A party?" I said, raising my eyebrows. Kyle nodded in response.

"Yeah, I’d like you to come," He smiled, then glanced at Nash, "Um, I mean.. you and your boyfriend should come."

"Nash isn’t my boyfriend," I told him, and he smiled in response. I felt Nash’s eyes on me, but I refused to look at him.

"Oh, okay," Kyle nodded, "Well, you both should come anyways. Here."

Kyle gestured for me to give him my phone, and I did so. He entered his number in it, sent himself a text so he had my number, then handed it back to me.

"I’ll text you the address."

"Okay," I smiled, watching him begin to walk off, "I’ll see you tonight."

"See you tonight, Jolie,” He grinned, then jogged off to meet his friends. I slowly turned back to Nash, who was grimacing at me.

"If the wind changes, you’ll stay like that."

"What was all that about?" Nash asked, ignoring what I said, "You’re going to a party now?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "It sounds fun."

"I see what you’re doing," He said, shaking his head. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue, "You’re doing this to piss me off."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, you’re pissed with me, so to get back at me you decide you’re gonna go to some lame party with this random dude."

"Okay, first off, he’s not a random dude, okay? His name is Kyle," I told him, "Second of all, the party could never be near enough as lame as spending time with you is."

Nash opened his mouth to say something, but I raised my hand to stop him, and continued.

"And lastly," I said, narrowing my eyes, "Why would me hanging out with another guy piss you off?"

Nash frowned and looked at the ground for a moment, before looking back at my face.

"It wouldn’t. I couldn’t care less who you hang out with," He shrugged, and I nodded.

"Good, because I’m going to that party later."

"Good, because I don’t want to see you anyway."

"Good, because I don’t want you annoying me anyway." I began to walk away, but Nash kept talking from behind me.

"Good, because I have better things to do than annoy you."

"Prove it," I yelled back, and I heard Nash huff and walk away. I went and got my ice cream, paid for it and went outside to get into Nash’s car. It wasn’t where it was parked originally, so I looked around for a bit. When I couldn’t find it, I pulled out my phone to call Nash. I stopped when I noticed a text from him.

Sorry babe, I had better things to do then wait on you. Have fun walking home - Nash

I groaned and stomped my foot on the ground.

"Asshole," I yelled, ignoring the glares I got from the people around me. I sighed deeply before making my way back to the lake house, which, thanks to Nash, was now going to take forever. Note to self, I thought, Punch Nash Grier in the fucking throat.