Chapter 1: Nash Fucking Grier

"Good morning students, this is Principal Kaiser speaking, and welcome back to another semester at Jefferson High. I hope you all enjoyed your Winter break! Before you get back into the swing of things with your classes, we have a few announcements to make…"

Always the same, I thought to myself as the intercom continued to buzz. This was the part where I usually zoned out. I couldn’t care less about the announcements. I was still recovering from the break. I mean, all I did was go skiing with my family (yes, we’re rich, moving on) but it was boring, and boring can be exhausting.

I sat, staring into space as I tapped my pencil on my table, and only snapped out of it when a teacher entered the classroom. It wasn’t our usual English teacher, but the Biology teacher, Mr Shepherd.

"Hello class," He sighed, looking around the room at the uninterested group of teenagers, "I’m afraid that I have to tell you all that your teacher, Ms Lehmann, will not be returning for the rest of the year."

A few students began to complain, and some who didn’t care about their education cheered. I didn’t really have a reaction. I was thinking about why she left. Ms Lehmann had always been one of those teachers, who would come in every now and then with a weepy face and complain about how she was almost forty and still single. I’m guessing she finally snapped.

"Settle down," Mr Shepherd rolled his eyes, "A substitute will be coming to take over for the rest of the year. But, he has yet to arrive. So, you may do what you wish while you wait, but keep the noise level to a minimum."

Mr Shepherd left, closing the door behind him, and many people around me stood up and moved around the classroom to talk to their friends.

I sat where I was, feeling no need to talk to anyone. I was doodling on my notebook, when a heavy body plopped itself down on top of it. I looked up, and was met with a cheeky grin I was all too familiar with.

"Matthew Espinosa, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"Jolie, I didn’t see you all Winter break, where were you hiding?" He smiled at me, and I couldn’t help but smile back in reply. I wasn’t very close to Matt, but we ran within the same circle and he was a very tolerable person. We got on quite fine.

"I was on vacation with my family in Canada," I shrugged, "Mont-Tremlant."

"Ooh, fancy," Matt spoke as he picked up one of my glittery pens and began to fidget with it.

"Quite."

"Did you see anyone over the break?"

I thought about if for a moment before replying. I hung out with my bestfriend, Emma, before going away. And I was pretty sure I spotted one of the Jacks in Costco the other day.

"Not really," I shook my head in response, and Matt nodded.

"Well, are you coming to Carter’s party on Friday?" He raised his eyebrows at me and dropped my pen back on the desk.

"We’re not even back a day and there’s already a party planned?"

"Of course," Matt chuckled, "So, you coming?"

"If I don’t show up it’ll be boring, so yes," I rolled my eyes and Matt laughed again.

"Cool," Matt replied, and glanced towards the classroom door as it began to open, "See you later, sweet cheeks."

Matt winked at me before walking back to his desk, and I frowned. Sweet cheeks? Ew. Matt was lucky he was adorable, otherwise I would have clawed at him for saying that.

I watched the door open properly and someone step in, and you’d swear by the way the room went so still a God had walked in. Unfortunately, it was just someone who thought they were a God.

Nash fucking Grier.

~~

A/N: Hey guys! So this is part one, not very long I know. But the other parts are much longer. If you like this, let me know. I want to see how well this does on here before posting the rest. If you would like to continue reading this, check out my tumblr on my page. Thanks guys!